Solution that will allow to update a ms-word document

Hi, I am looking for a solution that will allow me to update a ms-word document template online with some dynamic data from an sql-server database and then send the amended version of the word document to the users browser for printing leaving the original online template unchanged. I’ve been searching round the net for a solution and have come across your product Aspose.Word, however I’m not sure if it it’s the right solution for the problem.

Q. In order to use your component, would I need to have visual studio in order to write the .net code needed or could I simply embed the code within my normal ASP pages ?

What I am trying to achieve is a customised report based on a preformatted MS-Word template, using data from a backend sql-server, and then delivering that report to the users browser window for printing.

Many Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Word.

Aspose.Word is a .NET component and is normally used by developers who build .NET applications using Visual Studio .NET.

It is however possible to use Aspose.Word from COM clients such as ASP script, for an example see https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/supported-platforms/#com