Some borders of cells were extended a bit when converting excel to html

Hi All,

I encounter a new issue when converting my Excel file (.xls) to html with Aspose.Cells for java (aspose-cells-8.1.2.jar).

It occurs when cells have some border. I attached two image to demostrate the issue. Please compare normal.png with abnormal.png. One border was extended a bit in the abnormal case.

I converted the same Excel file (in1.xls) to HTML in MS Excel manually and it seems normal. Please get the two Excel files for testing in the attachment.

This is my code:

HtmlSaveOptions option = new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.HTML);
option.getImageOptions().setImageFormat(ImageFormat.getPng());
option.setExportImagesAsBase64(true);
workbook.save(out, option);

Can anyone kindly help me on this issue or tell me the reason? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Wallace

Hi Wallace,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for Java v8.1.2.5
it should fix your issue.

I have tested it with the following sample code and it generated the correct HTML output. I have attached the output HTML and screenshot for your reference.

Java

String filePath = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\in1.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

HtmlSaveOptions option = new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.HTML);

option.getImageOptions().setImageFormat(ImageFormat.getPng());

option.setExportImagesAsBase64(true);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.html”, option);

Hi Shakeel,

I test it with Aspose.Cells for Java v8.1.2.5 which you recommended. It works well in IE and Firefox. But the issue still exist in Chrome. Please refer to the two attached images, thanks!

Best Regards,

Wallace

Hi Wallace,

Thanks for your feedback, providing screenshots and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue in Chrome but it does not occur in FireFox. Borders of cells are extended a bit in Chrome.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40953.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.2.0.2 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel,

Thanks for your reply! It works well with the files which I give you (including chrome). But the issue is still existed when I create a more complex excel file to test it. Please refer the attachments, thanks again.

Best Regards,

Wallace

Hi Wallace,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to reproduce this issue using the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for Java v8.2.0.2
with the latest file and executing the previous code.

We have reopened this issue for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Wallace,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.2.0.4 and let us know your feedback.

Hi Shakeel,

It looks perfect, thanks again!

Best Regards,

Wallace

Hi Wallace,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40953) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.