Some characters rendered wrongly (incorrect font?)

Hello support,

Our customer sent us a problematic PDF. There are special Slovak characters in the PDF and some of them are not rendered correctly. Instead of Ľ character a Chinese Yen sign is shown. And also other character - č is shown as some other glyph.

I am also attaching some pictures, which show renders of Adobe Reader and Aspose .Pdf and also close comparison. And of course, the tested document.

Please, send it for analysis.

Thanks and regards,

Jaro

Hello,

I forgot something. The whole font seems to be a little different than the one that uses Adobe. Maybe that is the problem.

Aspose renderer uses some kind of serif face and Adobe non-serif face.

That is also why it is highlited in the close comparison picture.

BR,
Jaro

Hi Jaro,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNEWNET-40717 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

2 months have passed and we have not heard from you. Can you please give us some update to this issue?

Thanks and regards,
Jaro

Hi Jaro,

Thanks for your inquriy. I am afraid your issue is still pending for investigation, as our product team is busy in resolving other issues in the queue, reported earlier. We will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards your issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Could you please raise the priority of this issue, as it is our production problem and those broken forms are used at national level…

Thank you very much,
Jaroslav Ondriska

Hi Jaroslav,

Thanks for your patience.

We do understand the criticallity of issue and inconvenience which you have been facing but as per our normal rule of practice, the issues are resolved in first come first serve basis as we believe its the fairest policy to all the customers. However your concerns have been shared with product team and they will surely consider them during the resolution of this problem. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.

Hi Nayyer,

The problem is still present in Aspose.Pdf 16.10.1. The characters are still rendered incorrectly.

Jaro

Hi Jaroslav,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

The earlier reported problem is under investigation and is not yet resolved. However as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-40717) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

I confirm that this issue is fixed. :) You can close it.

Thank you very much,

Jaroslav Ondriska

Hello again,

Sorry, it is not really OK.. when using LowMemoryMode, the conversion (of the document test16eDane.pdf) mangles some other text.. as you can see in the attached PNGs:

• test16eDane_converted_aspose_1_low_mem.png - IsLowMemoryMode = true

• test16eDane_converted_aspose_1.png - IsLowMemoryMode = false

Code snippet follows:

PdfFormatConversionOptions o = new PdfFormatConversionOptions(PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A);

o.IsLowMemoryMode = true; // this is the problematic setting...

o.OptimizeFileSize = true;

o.TransparencyAction = ConvertTransparencyAction.Mask;

o.ExcludeFontsStrategy = PdfFormatConversionOptions.RemoveFontsStrategy.SubsetFonts | PdfFormatConversionOptions.RemoveFontsStrategy.RemoveDuplicatedFonts;

o.ErrorAction = ConvertErrorAction.Delete;

o.LogFileName = Path.Combine(outpath, Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(file) + @"_aspose_conversion_log.txt");

bool res = pdf.Convert(o);

It is a conversion problem, not visualization problem, as Adobe Reader shows the same results as Aspose.PDF, version 17.1.0.

BR,

Jaroslav Ondriska

Hi Jaroslav,

Thanks for contacting support.

The earlier reported issue PDFNEWNET-40717 was related to PDF to JPEG conversion whereas the above stated query appears to be related to PDF/A conversion. So please share the complete code snippet so that we can replicate the issue in our environment.

I have tried replicating the issue using following code snippet, but I am unable to reproduce it using latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.1.0.

[C#]

Document doc = new
Document(“c:/pdftest/test16eDane.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

PdfFormatConversionOptions o = new PdfFormatConversionOptions("c:/pdftest/test16eDane_PDF_A_1a.pdf ", PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A);

o.IsLowMemoryMode = true; // this is the problematic setting...

o.OptimizeFileSize = true;

o.TransparencyAction = ConvertTransparencyAction.Mask;

o.ExcludeFontsStrategy = PdfFormatConversionOptions.RemoveFontsStrategy.SubsetFonts | PdfFormatConversionOptions.RemoveFontsStrategy.RemoveDuplicatedFonts;

o.ErrorAction = ConvertErrorAction.Delete;

o.LogFileName = @"c:/pdftest/_aspose_conversion_log.txt";

doc.Convert(o);

//doc.Save("c:/pdftest/test16eDane_output.pdf");

for (int pageCount = 1; pageCount <= doc.Pages.Count; pageCount++)

{

using (FileStream imageStream = new FileStream("c:/pdftest/test16eDane_image" + pageCount + ".jpg", FileMode.Create))

{

// Create Resolution object

Resolution resolution = new Resolution(300);

// Create JPEG device with specified attributes (Width, Height, Resolution, Quality)

// where Quality [0-100], 100 is Maximum

JpegDevice jpegDevice = new JpegDevice(resolution, 100);

// Convert a particular page and save the image to stream

jpegDevice.Process(doc.Pages[pageCount], imageStream);

// Close stream

imageStream.Close();

}

}