Some document on comparision between Aspose.Words and MS Word 2003

Hi,
Is there a document or a thread that lists the features that are not supported by Aspose.Words against MS Word 2003 or even earlier versions, so I can get a sense of what would not be supported?
Many thanks

Comparing with MS Word 2003 the following unsupported features come to mind:

• Table styles.
  • Custom XML in documents.
  • Protection for custom ranges in the document.

We have a table in wiki that lists supported/unsupported features for export to PDF, HTML and import from HTML, but we don’t have a table for DOC format yet. I guess we will do that sometime, thanks for the idea.

The rest of document content and formatting is supported. I’m sure you’ll be surprised by how much of the format is supported. There is approximately same level of support between Aspose.Words importers/exporters to all Microsoft Word formats: DOC, RTF and WordML.
DOC import and export was developed first. We are sure Aspose.Words provides most detailed format support on the market, next only to Microsoft Word itself.
RTF export and WordML export were developed next to the same level of support for features like DOC.
RTF import is being released 31st Jan and then later, hopefully in Feb, WordML import is being released too, all with the same level featurewise.
Later in 2007 we will add OpenXML export and import too.

Thanks for the information.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5557) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)