Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Some features support in PDF exporting question

1. How about to implement PDF version 1.6 and 1.7 creating support while exporting?
  2. Detecting of PDF format from file or stream with Document.DetectFileFormat(...)? Just a detection.

Hi Alexander,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request.

1. No, currently, we do not have plans to support different versions of PDF format. Maybe we will consider such feature somewhere in future.

2. I will consult with our developers regarding detecting PDF files using DetectFileFormat method and provide you more information.

Best regards.

1. May be it will be possible just to set PDF version in document (as a sample - for minimum required Acrobar Reader version to open etc.) without implementing all these versions features?

2. Detecting PDF stream or file using DetectFileFormat methods will be very useful because with it I can detect format of generetad document by Aspose. Just a detection will be very helpful.

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1. Why do you need to specify version of PDF? I do not think that setting version number in the document will be enough.

2. I create new issue #7646 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as we implement this feature.

Best regards.

1. According to PDF specification PDF 32000-1:2008 (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf), Annex I, - version 1.6 and 1.7 includes all version 1.5 features and it will be safe to make an ability to specify 1.6 or 1.7 version while saving document (as a sample - always set 1.5 version in file header and make ability to set Version entry of the document catalogue to value 1.5 or 1.6 or 1.7). I want using this option for some logical limitations for post-processing with generated document in some cases.

2. Thanks a lot.

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your explanation. I created new issue #7655 in our defect database regarding this issue. I will notify you as soon as this feature is added.

Best regards.

Regarding issue #7646 after Aspose.Words v6.5.0.0 release ask you for XPS detecting with DetectFormat method too.

Hi <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" />Alexander,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. We will add an ability to detect XPS files as well.

Best regards.

Hi, Alexey. Can you provide information in which version PDF and XPS formats detection will be available?

Hi <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas:contacts" />Alexander,

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, I cannot promise any exact date. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just add this feature by then or provide you more information.

Best regards.

Hi. Dou you have any news about PDF and XPS formats detecting support now?

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,