Some issues on converting PPT to PDF files

Hello,

We are experiencing some issues on converting PPT to PDF files with Aspose.Slides and/or Aspose.Pdf .

- Using the myPresentation.SaveToPdf() method of Aspose.Slides version 2.8.4.0, the PDF file is biggest than PPT file and the right side of the PDF file is missing. Look for the “Report Aspose.Slides version 2.8.4.0.pdf” file to see an example.

- I tried to upgrade the Aspose.Slides.dll to the Aspose.Slides for .NET 3.0.0 version (added 03-21-009) but when I run my converting file PPT2PDF page, I get the error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” at line code below. It is not ocurring with others Aspose.Slides version:

// Open presentation file
Aspose.Slides.Presentation pres = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(sFileNamePPT);

- I tried to upgrade the Aspose.Slides.dll downloading the Aspose.Slides for .NET 3.1.0 (added 06-08-2009) but when I installed this version, the dll version is showing 3.1.1.5 (2009.08.05) and showing the following message: “The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 03 Jun 2009, but this version of the product was released on 05 Aug 2009. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.”

I now I can not use the version 3.1.1.5 (2009.08.05), but I believe I can use 3.1.0 with my license. I need to solve this specific problem without need to purchase a new version.

I tried use the Ppt2Pdf class that I found in the Aspose.Slides Demos folder, but the PDF file is very wrong because there are many blank space in the right and bottom side. I am using the Aspose.PDF version 4.0.0.0 and Aspose.Slides in all version above.

Could you help me please with a solution for at least one case above?

Thanks in advance,

Leandro

This message was posted using Page2Forum (attachment) from Aspose.Slides for .NET - Documentation

Hi Leandro,

Can you please provide the source PPT for investigation?

Hello,

Find in attached the source presentation file.

I was doing some more investigation and if I have a file smaller than 1MByte, the converstion work well using the Aspose.Slides for .NET 3.0.0 version (added
03-21-009). If the file has more than 1MByte, I get the error “Object
reference not set to an instance of an object.” at line code below.

// Open presentation file
Aspose.Slides.Presentation pres = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(sFileNamePPT);

Thanks and regards,

Leandro Engel

Hi Leandro,

Whenever an issue is reported, it is fixed in the upcoming releases. The issues you have mentioned has been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.x versions. In fact, we have highly optimized PPT to PDF export in our recent versions. Attached is the pdf file that has been genereated using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.1.0.0 version with the following code:

Presentation pres = new Presentation("reportsample1.ppt");

pres.Save("reportsample1.pdf",Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);