Some links in PDF don't work

Hi there,

we are having a problem with some links in a pdf we’ve generated with Aspose PDF version 4.1.2.0. All the links work fine in the word doc.

To see what’s going on…

1. Open the pdf, click the “Link is updated” link
2. Click the “Another Link”. This works, it should take you to the bottom of the document but the “Go back to step 1” link does not work. It looks like a link but the cursor does not change to a hand.

In additon
1. Open the pdf, click the “Link is updated” link

2. Try to click the “Yahoo” link. Again,. it does not work.

Attached is a zip containing the word doc, the pdf and the index.xml intermediate file.

Any help appreciated.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because “Go back to step 1” is link to nonexistent bookmark. Ms Word in such case just moves cursor to the beginning of the document. So, to make it work, you should recreate this link.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

thanks for your reply. I may have misunderstood what you meant by “non-existent bookmark” but I re-checked the doc and found that the “Go back to step 1” link points to something that starts with “block-a34135” this is valid as it is the “Link is updated” link and when I Ctrl-click I go to that link in Word not to the top of the document, which would be the “Purpose” line.

Even in the index.xml file the id’s appear to be correct. I updated the zip file slightly.

Again, if I have misunderstood something, please let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

I've tested the scenario with Aspose.Words for .NET 8.0.0 and Aspose.Pdf for .NET 4.2.1 (which can be accessed from 226952) and in my case the resultant PDF is being generated without any problem. The file is also in attachment, please take a look.

Please try using the new version and in case you still face any problem or you've any further query, please feel free to contact.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer,

thanks for the fix, links are now working. I guess ver 4.2.1 of Aspose.pdf is not an official hotfix yet as it’s not available in the downloads section. Do you have an official date for release? One thing I did see was that the links are now displayed in black whereas with ver 4.1.2 they were blue.

Thanks again

Hi,

Aspose.Pdf for .NET 4.2.1 is a hotfix recently introduced and it's currently not present in download section. I'll check with the development team for the dates of next release and will update you with the status accordingly.

Regarding Hyperlink color issue, I've tested the scenario and I'm able to notice the problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-15235. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I've inquired the status regarding next release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET and we plan to release it in the month of April. Currently I'm not certain about the exact date, but once I've some definite information in this regard, I would be pleased to update you with the information.

Thanks for your cooperation and comprehension.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 15235) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.