Some paper sizes do not work when saving to pdf

Hi,

I have 2 qestions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am using Aspose.Cells.dll v.7.7.1.0 to convert Excel files to PDF.
I am doing the following:
- Open Excel file using Workbook
- For each Worksheet I set PageSetup.PaperSize to desired value
- Save workbook to PDF.

I have noticed that several paper sizes do not work for me (for example PaperSizeType.PaperA6). Pages of saved PDF are still of A4 size.

I have attached sample project.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One question more:
Aspose.Cells documentation says that paper size for example for PaperSizeType.PaperExecutive is 7.5 in x10.5 in.
How can I set paper size to 10.5 in x 7.5 in?
If I set Worksheeet.PageSetup.PaperSize = PaperSizeType.PaperExecutive and Worksheet.PageSetup.Orientation to Landscape then it works but is this a good practice?
Is there any ability to set custom paper size like using PageWidth and PageHeight in Aspose.Words? I need paper size of B3 but did not find it in PaperSizeType enum.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We are able to confirm the problem in Aspose.Cells for .NET API while rendering spreadsheets to PDF where PaperSizeType is set to PaperA6. The resultant PDF file shows the size as 8.27 x 11.69 inches that is equivalent to PaperA4 size. In order to further investigate the problem cause on end, a ticket (CELLSNET-42298) has been logged into our bug tracking system. We will look into this matter in more detail while keeping you posted with updates in this regard.

Regarding your other question, I am afraid, MS Excel does not allow to specify the custom paper sizes, this is the reason that Aspose.Cells APIs does not provide this feature as well. Please note, Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel guidelines & practices in its implementation. Although, we may consider adding another paper size type in PaperSizeType enumeration for JIS B3 (14.33 x 20.28 inches). Please confirm, if this the paper size you require us to support.

Looking forward to your kind response.

Hi, Babar,

Thanks for the clarifications. I will wait for the fix.

Regarding B3 paper size:
Actually JIS B3 (14.33 x 20.28) is not what we want. We need usual B3 (13.9 x 19.7 in). Is it possible to support it?

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your kind response.

I have logged a feature request for providing B3 (13.9 x 19.7 inches) in PaperSizeType enumeration, under ticket CELLSNET-42299 so we could analyze your request properly. As soon as we have any updates in this regard, we will let you know here.

Okay, great!

Thank you.

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed the issue of A6 paper size and also supported B3 paper size rendering.in pdf.

Please download and try the fix: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.7.1.1
and let us know your feedback.

Hi, Shakeel,

I have just checked the new dll and it works perfectly!
Many thanks for the assistance and quick fix!

Hi Andrey,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issues have been fixed in the latest version. If you encounter any other issue, please feel free to post on our forums, we will be glad to help you further.

Hi, I have one question more regarding paper sizes.

Is it possible to support Business Card paper size (90mm x 55mm)? Or such small paper size is not supported by the Excel?
Thanks in advance!

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for writing back.

A ticket (CELLSNET-42329) has been logged in our feature request database against your requirement of Business Card PaperSizeType (90mm x 55mm). We will soon check if the said feature is feasible to support in future releases of Aspose.Cells API. We will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Oh, that was fast :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Hi, guys,

Do you have any update on this?

Hi,

I am afraid, there is no update on it (“CELLSNET-42329”) at the moment. Your issue/ feature request is still pending for analysis. Once we do it or we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi, guys, still no update? :frowning:

Is there any estimation of when you can start analysing this request?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Andrey,

I am afraid, the ticket (CELLSNET-42329) is still pending for analysis, and is in the queue with other tasks. Please note, the tickets are processed on first come, first serve bases for normal support subscriptions.

A note has been recorded for the concerned development member to schedule the ticket for analysis at earliest. As soon as we receive any news, we will post here for your kind reference.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Okay, Babar, thank you!

Hi,

We have fixed your issue now. Hopefully, we will release the new hotfix version within the next 3-5 days or so.

You will surely be notified here about the fix here.

Keep in touch.

Oh, great, thank you!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42299;CELLSNET-42298) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi, I have already got the fix for these tickets.

What about CELLSNET-42329?
Thanks!