Some things that don't work in Aspose.Pdf for Java

Hi, I purshased Apose.Pdf for Java recently and am attempting to convert some of our HTML templates to PDF using Pdf.bindHTML(). Here is a list of some things that either throw the AsposeBaseException or are not supported that are in our tempates. I have tested all these in the simplest cases possible using a template of

text
and replacing ‘text’ with the problematic HTML.

Throws AsposeBaseException:
  • tag in a table
  • & in any text. ie. Peanut butter & Jelly time
  • nowrap attribute. ie.
    some text
  •   non-breaking space anywhere in the html. This may be because it includes the ‘&’ which isn’t liked very much. ie.  
  • Any tag atrribute not in quotes. ie. Not supported, but would be nice to have:
    • Table border. No border seems to even show up if I use
  • table data colspan attribute. ie.
  • will cause ‘Three’ to not show up.
  • The sytle attribute seems to be generally ignored. Are there plans to support styles in the future?

• It would be really nice if Apose.Pdf didn’t throw exceptions for the first list of normal HTML features. The other things are pretty standard HTML features too and make the templates look ugly. Are there plans to fix these things soon? Thanks,

Kevin

One
    Two Three

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for reporting those problems to us. We will investigate them and try to fix them in the future version.

But css should have been suported. Can you please provide example for the sytle attribute issue?

Hi,

I have checked the problems you have raised and here are my replies in blue:

• tag in a table ( Not Supported, I will ask developer if we can support it earlier)
  • & in any text. ie. Peanut butter & Jelly time ( Instead of & please use & so it will not throw AsposeBaseException)
  • nowrap attribute. ie.
    some text
    (I will discuss this with the developer to support it)
  •   non-breaking space anywhere in the html. This may be because it includes the '&' which isn't liked very much. ie.   (It is a Bug and we will try to fix it as soon as possible)
  • Any tag atrribute not in quotes. ie. (So please use quotes for workaround)
  • Table border. No border seems to even show up if I use
  • ( I think probably it is also not supported, we will try to enhance this feature. I will discuss this with the developer on this issue as well)
  • table data colspan attribute. ie.
  • will cause 'Three' to not show up. ( I think it is a bug)
  • The sytle attribute seems to be generally ignored. Are there plans to support styles in the future? (We will let you know as soon as we have plans to support these features)
  • I have logged all these issue as PDFJAVA-3928. We will try to fix or enhance them as soon as possible.

Thanks.

One
    Two Three