Sometimes watermarked document is broken

Hi,

We apply watermaks to PDF in our application.
We get pdf document from disc, apply watermarks and save document as new pdf.
Sometimes it works correct.
But sometimes new pdf is broken.
I try to open broken pdf by Adobe Reader (any version) and get message:
"Cannot find or create font 'Tahoma'. Some charters may not display or print correctly."
Text in watermarks shows as circle.

I attached 3 PDF (original + 2 with watermarks).

It is reproduced with Aspose.pdf 7.0, 7.2, 7.3.

How can we fix this issue?

Thanks.

Hi Igor,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the file.

However, I tried to replicate your issue at my end using your template file but I am unable to reproduce the issue. Adding the watermark does not cause any issue at my end. Please share your sample code and your system environment details i.e. OS, .NET Framework, 32 bit or 64 bit environment etc. to help us reproduce the issue at our end. This will help us identify the cause of the issue soon.

Also, are you creating both files “Account 2.pdf” and “Account 2 (broken).pdf” under same environment?(as this issue might be related to some missing font if the environment is different).

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi,

I attached sample.
We use .Net 4.0 Extended.
This issue was reproduced on Windows XP/Windows 7 on any platform (x32 and x64).

Please run my sample, click on button.
20 documents will be created/watermarked and open.
Usually I receive 0-5 broken documents.
Environment is the same.

Thanks.

Hi Igor,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the sample application and the details.

I am able to generate your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34254. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any updates against your issue.

Hi,

How can we fix this issue?
Could we get an update, please?

It is very important to us and our clients...

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

As we recently have been able to notice this problem, so our development team requires little time to investigate and figure out the actual reasons of this problem. Nevertheless, I have requested the team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. Soon you will be updated with the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

PS, Beside normal support model, we have Enterprise support & Priority support. The issues/feature request logged under Enterprise support and Priority support have higher precedence in terms of resolution as compare to issues logged under normal/free support model. In case you need to get this problem resolved quickly, you may consider subscribing for PS/ES support. Currently this issue is logged under normal support model and it will be resolved on its schedule.

Hi,

I tested last Aspose.pdf v7.3.0

Seems this issue is not reproduced now...

But issue PDFNEWNET-34254 is not in list of fixed bugs...

So, Can I be sure that issue was fixed?

Thanks.

Hi Igor,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am pleased to inform you that issue: has been resolved in the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.4. The issue was related to document encryption and the problem was occurring in case of some specific owner password. In the latest release, the issue has been fixed.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Hi,

Sorry, I mean v 7.4 in my last post.

So, this issue is fixed.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Igor,

I am glad to hear that your problem is resolved. Please continue using our products and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34254) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.5.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.