We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

SourceFullName is missing when checking inserted image

Hi Aspose team,

I am trying to read SourceFullName of Excel chart inserted into Word document.
When I go to XML structure (word\charts\_rels) I can find for each inserted chart something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

When I read document with very simple code like:

public void ReadOLE()
{
Console.WriteLine("1. (Word)" + DateTime.Now.ToString());
Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document("1.docx");
Console.WriteLine("2. (Word)" + DateTime.Now.ToString());

//get collection of shapes
NodeCollection shapes = doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Shape, true);
//Loop through all shapes
foreach (Aspose.Words.Drawing.Shape shape in shapes)
{
if (shape.OleFormat != null)
{
try
{
Console.WriteLine("3. (Word) SourceFullName: " + shape.OleFormat.SourceFullName.ToString());
}
catch (Exception)
{
Console.WriteLine("3. (Word OLE) SourceFullName: NULL");
}

}
else
{
try
{
Console.WriteLine("4. (Word) SourceFullName: " + shape.ImageData.SourceFullName.ToString());
}
catch (Exception)
{
Console.WriteLine("4. (Word ImageData) SourceFullName: NULL");
}

}
}
Console.WriteLine("5." + DateTime.Now.ToString());
}

I am jumping to second part with ImageData and then SourceFullName is null.
Btw. why is this not recognized as a OLE object and why there is no reference to XML above where source is found?

Please find attached sample project and test document.

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14619. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Oliver,

You are facing the shared issue because Aspose.Words does not support writing external data in chart.xml (c:externalData -> with r:id to ../embeddings/Microsoft_Excel_Worksheet1.xlsx). This feature is related to your issue.

We have already logged this feature request as WORDSNET-12092 in our issue tracking system. After the fix of this feature, our product team will look into your issue. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available.

Hi,

is it realistic to get this issue resolved shortly (next release or release after)?
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that the feature WORDSNET-12092 has been postponed. I am afraid, there is no estimate available at the moment. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as there are any further developments.

Hi Aspose team,

any news here considering that ticket was opened more than 2 years ago?

Thanks,
Oliver

@dr_oli

The implementation of this feature (WORDSNET-12092) had been postponed. There is no estimate available at the moment. However, this feature will definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future.

You reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.