Space in the end of table headers and @ reference

Hi,

I have found a bug when referencing table columns by name. The error occurs when we have a column name that ends with a space. Attached, you will find an example Excel file, where cell A1 has a name which ends with space, and B2 references that column with the formula “=[@[Kol1 ]]”. This works in Excel, but opening it in Aspose and then saving it will cause the file to be corrupted.

C# code:

private static void TestOpenWorkbook()
{
const string inputFileDir = TestDataBaseDir + @"#12412";
const string inputFileName = @"\Space reference.xlsm";
const string outputFileDir = OutputBaseDir + @"#12412";
const string outputFileName = @"\Space reference opened in aspose3.xlsm";

Workbook workbook1 = new Workbook(inputFileDir + inputFileName);
workbook1.Save(outputFileDir + outputFileName);
}

Error message:
"We found a problem with some content in ‘Outputfile.xlsm’. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."

After repair, the formulas have been converted to numeric values.

Aspose version: 17.3.0.0

The error does not occur in Aspose 8.9.0.0

For our reference, out internal issue number is #12412

Hi,

Thanks for the template file, sample code and details.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using your template file and sample code. I found that if we use space in the end of table headers and reference it in some other cell (using formula) corrupts the file after loading and re-saving via Aspose.Cells APIs.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45382” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for a quick reply. I am afraid that I found another bug (or a symptym on the same bug): You cannot reference headers that contain # sign. Attached, you find an example of an Excel file that shows the same behaviour as my original post.

I have been able to provide our customer with a workaround and look forward to a quick release of a bug fix.
Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

Canea:
I am afraid that I found another bug (or a symptym on the same bug): You cannot reference headers that contain # sign. Attached, you find an example of an Excel file that shows the same behaviour as my original post.

Although this is similar issue (to some extent) but with different char ('#') . I was able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your newly attached template file and sample code. I found that if we use hash char ("#") in the table headers and referencing it in other cell (using formula) still corrupts the file after loading and re-saving via Aspose.Cells APIs.

I have logged a separate ticket with an id "CELLSNET-45383" for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issues i.e. CELLSNET-45382 and CELLSNET-45383 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.
Hi,

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.5 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for a fast bug fix.

When testing your bug fix, I found yet another bug in references. This time it occurs when referencing a column with a header starting with hash sign, but without using @ sign in the reference. After running it through Aspose, I get a circular reference.

See attached example and run it through my test program to trigger the bug.
Hi,

Canea:
When testing your bug fix, I found yet another bug in references. This time it occurs when referencing a column with a header starting with hash sign, but without using @ sign in the reference. After running it through Aspose, I get a circular reference.

I was able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your newly attached template file and original sample code. I found that when referencing a column with a header starting with hash sign ('#') but without using "@" sign in the reference causes the output file to produce circular reference error after loading and re-saving via Aspose.Cells APIs.

I have logged a separate ticket with an id "CELLSNET-45392" for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.
Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45392 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.6:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.6 (.NET 2.0)
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.6 (.NET 4.0)
(Note: please choose any of the fixes for your underlying .NET framework version)

Your issue “CELLSNET-45392” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

It seems the references work OK after this fix. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45392;CELLSNET-45383;CELLSNET-45382) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.