We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Specification of Tiff-Files to read with Aspose.BarCode

Dear ladies and gentlemens,

can you give me an a spec of ideal paramaeters to recognize barcodes with barcode module. We scans multipage TIF files with a scanner. What are the ideal paramaters to scan with ? Resolution (600 dpi / 400 dpi /...) and s/w mode textmode (256) or OCR mode. What is the better choice: TIFF (MMR) or TIFF (JPEDG). We tried sanning using 600 dpi in OCR-mode (b/w) no greyscale. A barcode is on every page. The Tif-Files contains up to 50 pages. The engine recognize in some cases the barcode on 49 pages but on one page the engine doesn´t work. Scan-quality is stable on every page.

Hi Andreas,

Welcome to Aspose.BarCode forum and thank you for your inquiry.

I have forwarded a request to the development team to provide the details of ideal specifications for barcode recognition purposes. As soon as I hear from them, I will let you know here.

Moreover, latest build of Aspose.BarCode for Java is in release process. If you can provide me your sample image, I can verify the results with the latest jars on my end.

Regards,

Hi Andreas,

I have just received updates on your inquiry. Please find below some details for your reference.
  • The ideal resolution for recognition purposes is 300dpi and more. If the image has lower resolution then you may lead to scan failure.
  • Aspose.BarCode supports Tiff format with MMR and JPEG modes.
  • Moreover, Aspose.BarCode can detect barcode symbols from Grayscale/Black n White images.
We tried sanning using 600 dpi in OCR-mode (b/w) no greyscale.
Please share a sample for our review.

Regards,