Spezial characters not showing in Word 2007/2010

I run the code below to create a document with some special characters.
When I open the file in Word 2007/2010 the character ‘circled digit one’ does not show correctly.
When opening the file in a more recent version everything is fine.
Anything I can do about this or is this a Word problem only?

Thomas

Dim doc As New Aspose.Words.Document
Dim builder As New Aspose.Words.DocumentBuilder(doc)
Dim table As Table = builder.StartTable()
builder.InsertCell()
builder.Writeln(“now some special characters: “)
builder.EndRow()

builder.InsertCell()
builder.Writeln(ChrW(188) + " one quarter”)
builder.Writeln(ChrW(9658) + " arrow right”)
builder.EndRow()

builder.InsertCell()
builder.Writeln(ChrW(9312) + " circled digit one")
builder.EndRow()

builder.InsertCell()
builder.Writeln(“End of text”)
builder.EndRow()

builder.EndTable()

doc.Save(“C:\temp\specialchars.docx”)

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 17.2.0, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-14889. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Thomas,

Regarding WORDSNET-14889, our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue is not a bug in Aspose.Words. Your issue (WORDSNET-14889) will be closed with ‘Not a Bug’ resolution.

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce this problem on some machines. Please see the attached image MSW2007.jpg for example.

Probably current issue is concerned with font substitution mechanism of the old versions of MS Word.

Document uses Times New Roman font which does not contain presentation for specified symbol.

This font has not a glyph with index U+2460. Looks like MS Word for some cases does not perform font substitution or local system does not contain appropriate font to show this glyph correctly.

Other characters (U+25BA, U+00BC) are supported by Times New Roman, so they are displayed correctly.

So, to solve the problem please try to set custom font which contains glyph U+2460, for example:

<span style=“font-family: Consolas, “Bitstream Vera Sans Mono”, “Courier New”, Courier, monospace !important;”>builder.Font.Name = “Calibri”;

Note that, this font has to be installed in a system.

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,