We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Splitting a mailmerged document

Hi. download a demo version last night.

I have the need to split an already merged word document into its component documents. (Ideally need to try and knock something up by 10am)

Can the Aspose.Words component do this.

I have seen sample code about it doing the merge but not about splitting up a merge doc

Many Thanks

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

You may want to look into extracting the content from your document using the code provided in this article here.

If you have any troubles could you please attach your document here for testing (only you and Aspose staff can view your attachments).

Thanks,

Many thanks - will take a look.

I suppose I was hoping there was an array of SubDocuments I could simply iterate through - but it looks a bit more complicated than that.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for this additional information.

I'm afraid this is only the case if you programmed this into the logic during mail merge, as described in the article here. Since you stated you are running this on an already merged document I believe that does not help you. When a document is merged by default the data is merged all into the same document.

If you attach your document here for testing we will be glad to give you some further help.

Thanks,