Spreadsheet selector range has fractional `eci`

We have found an issue with selecting a whole row (by clicking the row number) on a particular spreadsheet. For this spreadsheet, eci in selector.range is 16.71627906976744 instead of some integer value. The last column being rendered is “R”, and if I just select a cell in that column, selector.range.eci is 17.

The JSON extracted from Aspose.Cells.GridJs has cols.len set to 13, and maxwidth is 3532. I’m guessing that gridjs-spreadsheet is adding extra columns, but ending up with a fractional count for cols.len.

Can you explain what maxwidth is intended to do? Our .NET code has Config.UsePrintArea = true, so I wouldn’t expect the front-end to be adding extra columns.

@jrf.att
This is for an extreme case involving files. For example, Gridjs-spreadsheet can lock up/crash browser when first column is hidden - #4 by peter.zhou
here the cell value is very wide, we need to extend it.

“For this spreadsheet, eci in selector.range is 16.71627906976744 instead of some integer value.”

The range should be an integer value. Can you provide the specific file? We will investigate the root cause and fix it soon.

@jrf.att
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSGRIDJS-896

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hey @peter.zhou, unfortunately this is a customer’s file so I can’t provide it. I’ll see if I can come up with a file that reproduces the issue.

@jrf.att
now from code reveiew,we have added integer convert for the potential code segment which will result [fractional eci].
It shall be ok in the latest npmjs client hotfix.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSGRIDJS-896) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi