Spreadsheet XML

Some problems when I save to FileFormatType.SpreadsheetML

- Names of Named ranges are global not per sheet: my sheets contain the same name for different ranges on different sheets, so I get the error of duplicate xml tags

- spaces in the CustomDocumentProperties tag should be converted to '_x0020_' otherwsise you get an invalid tag

We will check and fix this issue soon.

Some other problems that we encountered when saving to Spreadsheet XML:

- Unknown functions get wrongfully inserted as named range
In cell A1 formula: =MyFunc(1)
Rsults in xml code:

- Problem when copying sheet from other xls. The styles from the copied sheet get lost in the process:
Excel excelObject = new Excel();
excelObject.Open("C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\sheet.xls");
Excel excelObject2 = new Excel();
excelObject2.Worksheets[0].Copy(excelObject.Worksheets[0]);
//Save in SpreadsheetML format
excelObject2.Save("C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\sheet.xml", FileFormatType.SpreadsheetML);

Styles from copied sheet are missing in xml file...

- Gridlines are not hidden
In the xls the gridlines where hidden (Tools>Options>View>Gridlines unchecked) but they showed up again after loading the xml.
Missing tag.

- Custom data validation:
I apply follwing validation: Data>Validation>Custom and Formula "DoNotDelete" (without the quotes)
This gets translated to:

R9C1
Custom
Between

While it should be:

R9C1
Custom
"""DoNotDelete"""

- List Data validation
I apply follwing validation: Data>Validation>List and Source "1;2;3;4" (without the quotes)
This gets translated to:

R10C1
List
Between
="1;2;3;4"

While it should be:

R10C1
List

"1;2;3;4"

Now Chinese New Year is coming and our developers will be on their new year holiday in next week. So we will fix these problems after Feb 05 when we come back to work. Thanks for you patience.

First of all happy holidays to you guys!

Some more issues though:
- Protection settings are lost:

Instead of:

- Do Not Lock settings are lost
Missing tag in style when not locked:

- Vertical alignment lost
Missing tag in style:

- Freeze Panes lost:
Actual there are some other worksheetoptions missing as well:
Follwing xml was generated by excel (I left out the the print tag):

False
False

Any progress on these issues?

TLB

Named Ranges, Space in CustomDocumentProperties and Gridlines are fixed. A new version will be released in one or two days. Other issues will be fixed the future versions.

We're having problems with FreezePanes also. We have XML that looks like the Worksheet Options above, but when Aspose.Cells converts it to XLS, the freeze panes don't work. We just loaded the 4/17 release and it didn't help. I know you said you'd be fixing in future versions. Do you have an estimated date that this might be released?

-Bre

FreezePanes is supported in this attached version. Please try it.