SpreadsheetML - when created via aspose additional Protection applied

Hi,

Can you check why the spreadsheet created via Aspose, i.e.

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("..\\Task.xml"); 
            workbook.Save("..\\Task.xml");

contains additional protection, whereas the spreadsheetML opened via Excel does not contain it? For example try typing anything in cells of the protected worksheet.

See the example spreadsheetML.

Task.zip (1.1 KB)

Thanks,
Lukasz

@acturisaspose,

Thanks for the sample code with template file.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template SpreadsheetML file. I found SpreadsheetML file when re-saved via Aspose.Cells APIs contains additional protection settings applied. The worksheet in the original SpreadsheetML file is protected but we can edit the contents in the sheet. But when we open the output file into MS Excel, we cannot edit cells contents as it is read-only now:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("..\\Task.xml"); 
            workbook.Save("..\\Task.xml"); 

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45739” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, wei will let you know here.

Thank you, we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Lukasz

@acturisaspose

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45739 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@acturisaspose

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

Hi, do you know when this is officially released?

thanks,
Lukasz

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45739) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.11 update.

Please also check the following article:

Hi

I tested the issue on 17.12 version of Aspose.Cell and it looks like still not resolve problem.

I attached source and result files:

• AsposeProtectionTest.xlsx -> file created by Cells library
  • SpreadsheetML.xlsx -> created in Excel 2016 by opening SpreadsheetML.xml
  • SpreadsheetML.xml -> source SpreadsheetML file

To create oputput file i use that part of code

var loadOptions = new LoadOptions( LoadFormat.SpreadsheetML );
var workbook = new Workbook( @"InputFiles/SpreadsheetML.xml", loadOptions );
workbook.Save( @"OutputFiles/AsposeProtectionTest.xlsx", SaveFormat.Xlsx );

In file crated by Aspose.Cells library protection is set although in spredsheetML source protection isn’t turn on. Excel set protection corectly.

IncorrectProtection.zip (14.0 KB)

Thanks
Mietek

@acturisaspose,

Thanks for the new set of files.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template SpreadsheetML file. I found SpreadsheetML file when saved to XLSX file format via Aspose.Cells APIs, it contains protection settings applied. The worksheet in the original SpreadsheetML file is not protected but the output XLSX file is protected.
e.g
Sample code:

var loadOptions = new LoadOptions( LoadFormat.SpreadsheetML ); 
var workbook = new Workbook( @"InputFiles/SpreadsheetML.xml", loadOptions ); 
workbook.Save( @"OutputFiles/AsposeProtectionTest.xlsx", SaveFormat.Xlsx ); 

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45847” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@acturisaspose

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-45847 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@acturisaspose

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45847) have been fixed in this Aspose.Cells for .NET 18.1 update.

Please also check the following article: