SQL Server 2005 Full-Text Index search

The simple matter is that 2003 format PowerPoint presentations saved by PowerPoint can be indexed. 2003 format PowerPoint presentations written by Aspose cannot be indexed. I have heard several times that it is not an Aspose.Slides issue, but it certainly is. Aspose is not writing out the presentations the same way PowerPoint is, and the result is the files cannot be indexed by default ifilters available in Windows or SQL Server. Please discontinue that line of response, as it will not resolve the situation, and will continue to cause your customers grief. There have been several suggestions that there may be some way to work around the issue by configuration changes in SQL Server, but Aspose has not provided sufficient instructions for how to do this.

Hello Dear,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. I am trying to reproduce the issue highlighted by you in SQL Server 2008 R2. I am setting up the environment for necessary investigation. I kindly request you to please cooperate in terms of sharing the mechanism or SQL scripts that you are using on your end for storing the presentation in database and then applying the full text index search. I will be really thankful to you for your this cooperation.

Thanks and Regards,

As it stands now, we are working to remove Aspose from our product largely due to this issue. Our product relies on our customers being able to search for their content, and the only reliable way of having the content be searchable is to not touch it with Aspose.

It is not just SQL 2005, it seems to affect SQL 2008 as well. And it seems to apply to both Word and PowerPoint content.

Hi Jason,

We are greatly sorry for your inconvenience.

I have requested our development team lead to review the issue and an issue with ID SLIDESREP-33119 has been created in our issue tracking system for the resolution of said issue. This thread has been linked with the same issue so that we may notify you once the updates are shared.

We are very sorry for your inconveniencne,