Squares appear before objects when creating images of slides using Slide.GetThumbnail

I have attached an example solution for you to see what I mean. When you run my program you will see the image of the slide on the form and you would see a small square appearing in front of the text box with the text "Account Name". The text box is not created using the Powerpoint program but problematically creating using the PPOM using vb.net. This happens to any object that we create.

Let me know if I am not clear enough.

Thanks,
Ronney

Dear Ronney,

Thanks for reporting, we will investigate it, what does PPOM mean?

Dear Faiz,

PPOM = Power Point Object Model
I am referring to the Powerpoint object model supplied by Microsoft.

Let me know if you need any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Ronney

Dear Faiz?

Any update on the resolution of this issue?

Thanks,
Ronney

Dear Ronney,

Sorry, we were busy with other tasks and just have started to work with your problem.
Please check attached screenshot of the image created with you app. There are no any squares.

Dear Alcrus,

I have attached the output image that we get from the same program. It does have the square like ASCII character before the Account Name label.

Thanks,
Ronney

Hello Ronney,

I have found the problem. Account Name paragraph has bullet with character code 0x00.
Arial font shows this character as rectangle.

So the only solution is you should disable bullet when create presentation.

Hi Alexey.

But this problem doesn't appear in the original presentation but only if Aspose generates an image. Why is that?

Thanks,
Ronney

Hi Alexey,

It looks like you are testing on a Windows Vista machine (I figured it out from your screen shot). My screen shot was from a Windows XP machine. Hence I tested on a Vista machine here and it confirmed that this problem occurs only on XP. Since our generation runs on client machine and since we cannot control what operating system our clients use, it would be great if you could resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Ronney

Hello Ronney,

As I wrote, that is not a problem of Aspose.Slides. You should create correct presentations.
Disable bullets or use some real characters for example space if you don’t want to see it.