SSRS 2012: ASPOSE for RS 4.2.0 Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi Support Team

Today I’ve tried to migrate from 4.1.0 to 4.2.0 version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services and faced “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” error when i generate my reports.

It’s also reproducible in Visual Studio (BI studio) when I do export to DOC\DOCX and other aspose formats.
This reproducible with any rdls even a blank one.

I’ve tried both to install with msi and manually - the same.

Environment configuration:
- Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64bit,
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 11.0.3128.0, 64-bit
- Visual Studio Professional 2012 Version 11.0.61030.00 Update 4
- SQL Server Data Tools Version 11.1.40403.0

Please help ASAP.

LogFile info from reporting server:
library!ReportServer_0-2!2420!05/23/2014-16:13:12:: i INFO: RenderForNewSession(’’)
reportrendering!ReportServer_0-2!2420!05/23/2014-16:13:15:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. —> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ӓ.辮.䳥(Object ف, String 坢)
at ӓ.ڷ.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.Execution.RenderReport.InvokeRenderer(IRenderingExtension renderer, Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.Execution.RenderReport.Execute(IRenderingExtension newRenderer)
— End of inner exception stack trace —;
library!ReportServer_0-2!2420!05/23/2014-16:13:15:: i INFO: Skipped creating a dump file for the error UnhandledReportRenderingException, because a dump with the identical stack trace (with signature 644785848) was already created.
library!ReportServer_0-2!2420!05/23/2014-16:13:15:: w WARN: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. —> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Thanks in advance,
Sviatoslav

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I
have tested the scenario using the attached sample RLD file and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-174. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.We apologize for your inconvenience.

Could you please use the select statement (to populate the data) inside
your RDL file and share that RDL file with us. We will check the shared issue with your RDL file and provide you more information.

Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>

<DataSet Name=DataSet1>

<Query>

<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>

<CommandText>select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label

union all

select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label

union all

select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label

union all

select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label

</CommandText>

</Query>

<Fields>

<Field Name=value>

<DataField>value</DataField>

<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName>

</Field>

<Field Name=label>

<DataField>label</DataField>

<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>

</Field>

</Fields>

</DataSet>

</DataSets>

Hi Tahir,

Is there any sense to attach my rdl as it's reproducible on any rdl?

Are you going to Hot Fix this, because this version of Aspose.Words is totally broken?

Thanks,
Sviatoslav

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your inquiry.
sviatoslav_starovoitenko:

Is there any sense to attach my rdl as it’s reproducible on any rdl?

In your case, there is no need of your RDL file. I have noticed that this issue is not related to a specific RDL file. It can be reproduced using simple RDL file.
sviatoslav_starovoitenko:

Are you going to Hot Fix this, because this version of Aspose.Words is totally broken?

I am afraid we can not provide you hotfix at the moment. It is better to wait for the full release. We will inform you as soon as it’s released. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Tahir,

So you are saying that the product is completely broken and will not be fixed in another three months?

Thanks,
Sviatoslav

Hi Sviatoslav,

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. We are in communication with our development team about this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Sviatoslav,

I am developer who already works with this issue and will be on it until it is fixed.

I suppose that first thing is to re-release the product in order to be sure that you use uncorrupted installation files.

I will let you know immediately when updated release is ready for download.

Sorry for inconvinience.

Thanks and regards,
Vadim

Hi Sviatoslav,

You can now download fixed v4.2.0 msi and zip files from here -
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.words-for-reporting-services/default.aspx

Please check them on your side and let us know about the progress through this forum.

We are always ready to help if you have any problems.

Thanks and regards,
Vadim

Hi Vadim,

Problem was resolved. Thank you so much.

Sorry for delay.

Thanks,
Sviatoslav

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-174) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.3.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.