SSRS 2012 Shrarpoint Integrated mode installation

Hi,

i have a developer workstation (Win7 64bit, Sharepoint 2010 and SSRS 2012 Sharepoint Integrated mode, also VS 2010 installed) where i have installed Aspose.PDF for Reportsing Services (actually Aspose.Total, but i’m interested in the PDF extension mainly).

I’m able to use the the rendering extension from VS, when i preview the reports i am able to select the “PDF via Aspose.PDF”, among all other Aspose extensions, like word, PowerPoint, etc.

My issue is that when i deploy my report to the report server, under the export menu i can see only PowerPoint related extensions via Aspose.

I have installed your component via the msi installer. Afterwards i tried to follow the instructions to register the extensions manually based on the documentation instructions, but i am not able to do it…

I found that the installer put Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll into c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting\bin, so i copied there Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.dll.

I also found the installer made a permission entry for “Aspose.Slides_for_Reporting_Services” in
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting\ , so i did similarly for “Aspose.Pdf_for_Reporting_Services” as stated in the install documentation (so correct PublicKeyBlob).

I do not know if/where the extensions should be registered as renderer (as in the documantation), i did not found anyything like that (even for Aspose.Slides).

Could you please advise what am i missing, or how to proceed next?

Thanks a lot,

Roland

Hello guys,

may i ask for some feedback on the above? As usually, the information would be important for our decision to go on with our project, and for the purchase of the component.
Is it only a settings issue or is our scenario not supported?

Thanks,

Roland

Hi Roland,

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response. We are looking into your query and will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your patience.

I am pleased to share that we just have published a new version of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.5.3 which provides compatibility with SQL Reporting Services 2012 and MS Report Viewer 2012. Please try using the latest release and in the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.

In case you encounter any issue while using MSI installer to configure our component with Report Server 2012, you may consider manually configuring it. For further details, please visit Install Manually