SSRS Border from Formula

I am exporting a report as an excel file from reporting services using the Apsose file types. In the report the Border Style is set from a formula as below.

=IIF(Fields!clientOrderNo.Value = Previous(Fields!clientOrderNo.Value) OR Fields!clientOrderNo.Value = First(Fields!clientOrderNo.Value, “Data”),“None”,“Solid”)

This works fine when exporting with the native SSRS excel file type but not with the Aspose equivalent. The border sets itself to None irrespective of the formula result. Any idea why?

image.png (2.3 KB)

@andrewchaines,
We are analysing this issue and we will provide our feedback soon.

@andrewchaines,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Please provide your report definition file and exported MS Excel file (via Aspose.Cells for RS). Also provide your expected file via built-in SSRS renderer, we will check it soon.

Thanks, I will upload these ASAP. Unfortunately our servers are down at the moment but once up I will run off the data.

files.zip (268.2 KB)

Just realised I had local copies of the files. Please find attached. There is the RDL file and two excel documents. The file ‘without Aspose’ was created using the native SSRS excel export. The file ‘with Aspose’ was created using the distribution method “Excel2007Xslx - Excel 2007 via Aspose Cells.” I also tried it with a handful of the other Aspose distribution methods with the same result.

@andrewchaines,

Thanks for the RDL and sample Excel files.

I noticed the issue regarding border style. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSRS-562” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Thanks, if it helps I stripped down the formula used to establish the border style. By using a dummy condition in the IIF statement it is possible to set the border style (I changed the condition to 1=1 and then varied to 1=2 and this set the border style to Solid and None respectively).

This implies that the issue is with evaluating the expression used in the condition of the IIF. This is using a previous() to evaluate the value of the row against the previous row. Perhaps this is the issue?

Also as a note, the expression I am using for the condition in the IIF works when I use it to determine the border color. I have entered the expression entered for the background color as below. This then sets the background color to White or Red accordingly. If I use this to set the border color (or border style or weight) it does not work however.

=IIF(Previous(Fields!clientOrderNo.Value) = Fields!clientOrderNo.Value, “White”,“Red”)

@andrewchaines,

Thanks for your findings and details.

I have logged your findings/details against your issue into our database. This may help in evaluating your issue.

Once we have any new information, we will let you know.

@andrewchaines,
We have checked log file and found the error information is System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Execution permission cannot be acquired.

Please check Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll run right on your side.

Hi,

I was originally encountering the issue when running SSRS locally on my desktop. We installed Aspose on our live SSRS server today. I was hoping this would resolve the issue as the service account SSRS utilised has greater permissions. I am experiencing exactly the same issue however.

The log file does not report the error that you are indicating. I have attached this. I created the Excel document manually (by clicking on the menu in the portal) at 14:53 and by subscription at 15:02. I do not experience this issue either time.

ReportServerService__09_02_2019_00_03_25.zip (30.6 KB)

Thanks

@andrewchaines,
Thank you for providing more information. We will consider it while analysing the issue and provide our feedback soon.

@andrewchaines,

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for RS v19.5.4 (attached).

It should fix your issue.

Let us know your feedback.
ACRS2016.v19.5.4.zip (4.2 MB)

Hi,

Yes, I have tested and that works perfectly for me.

Thanks

@andrewchaines,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Hi,

I spoke too soon. This works perfectly locally on my computer (running SQL server 2017). When I installed on the production server (running SQL server 2016) the fix did not work and the borders are still not visible.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sorry, resolved it.

I uninstalled, re-installed and it worked. I am happy again!

@andrewchaines,

Good to know that you have sorted it out now.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-562) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v19.9. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi