SSRS Export To PPT is very slow

Hi,

We are using Aspose in SSRS to export PPT but when we have large data then it is rendering very slow and taking long time. Using same method for PDF reports (not use Aspose) is working fine but
PPT reports (using Aspose) is taking long time.Let me know your views.

Below are the details about SSRS and Aspose:
SSRS:- SqlServer2008R2
Aspose.Slide File version:-3.9.1.0
Aspose.Slide Product version:-2011.03.02

Code for generating PPT from Asp.Net

Byte[] bytes = rptPrint.ServerReport.Render(
“ASPPT”, null, out mimeType, out encoding, out filenameExtension,
out streamids, out warnings);

//rptPrint is ReportViewer control

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Clear();
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Charset = “”;
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.AppendHeader(“Content-Disposition”, “attachment; filename=” + this.SurveyName + “.” + filenameExtension + “;”);
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.AppendHeader(“Content-Type”, mimeType + “; name=” + this.SurveyName+ “.” + filenameExtension + “;”);

Response.OutputStream.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
Response.End();

Thanks & Regards
Gajendra

Hi Gajendra,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your comments regarding time difference of rendering to PDF and to PPT (using Aspose.Slides). One cannot really compare these two formats as they are internally different and their rendering time varies. I also suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.0.0 on your end as well, which is latest version available to date. There are certain performance enhancements made in new versions and I hope you will see the performance difference between Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 3.9.1 and latest version shared.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

We are using licenced version of Aspose in SqlSever2008R2 and we have Aspose Slide File version:3.9.1.0. If we upgrade the version to Aspose Reporting Services version 5.0.0 then what will be the extra cost we have to pay?

Thanks & Regards
Gajendra

Hi Gajendra,

I like to share that if your license subscription is valid till 11 July 2014 then you can avail the new version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.0.0 on your end. As I shared with you earlier that we cannot compare the rendering time performance of PDF and PPT as these are two separate things. However, if you still need to investigate the issue then you can avail a 30 day free trail license to verify performance of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.0.0 on your end. If it is improved then you can upgrade your subscription from us.

Many Thanks,