SSRS - How to make extended pdf to allow document signing

Hello!

I try to use the SSRS Rendering extensions PDF to export data from a reporting server (2005). But result pdf file doesn't allow "Signing" security option.

Could you please tell me, is it possible to generate extended pdf file format, whith allowed signing from the "Aspose.PDF for Reporting Servcies" tool?

Thank you in advance,
Denis

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services supports the feature to render RDL files to PDF format. However from your above requirement, I think you need to have some extended rights feature in resultant PDF so that use can either sign the PDF file using Adobe Reader other PDF viewing application. I am afraid Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services does not support the feature to create PDF files with extended rights enabled however the PDF files generated with this component does not have any restrictions which can prevent them from getting signed.

In case I have not properly understood your requirement, please feel free to contact.

Hi,
let me clarify my issue - I need to render PDF file from RDL and this PDF file will be already signed by reporting Service using specific certificate. dies aspose.pdf capable to do that?

my users want to be confident that resulted PDF file was generated by approved SSRS instance.

Hi Denis,

Thanks for sharing more details. I’m afraid Aspose.Pdf doesn’t support the requested feature at the moment. However, I’ve logged a new feature request as PDFREP-33268 in our issue tracking system. I’ve also logged your request to the issue id and you will be notified via this forum thread as soon as the feature gets available.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,