Invoke MS Excel printing format using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services

I created a SSRS report and set the report properties to landscape, tabloid and 17 x 11 printing format. When user goes online and ran the report and export it to Excel the predefined printing format did not take place. I do not think SSRS cannot invoke the Excel printing format. I need something that SSRS can export data to my predefined printing Excel format and that user can pick from online or intranet. Also on the report I have group by section and bold the line on each new group. Can all these be done on Aspose product?

@Etex

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please let us know

Which SQL Server Reporting Services (e.g. 2008, 2012, 2014 etc.), you are using?

Which version of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services, you are using?

We will evaluate your requested or mentioned new features in this week. Next week, we will let you know that if we can achieve your specific functions.

@Etex

We plan to spend two months on developing this i.e. according to report definition, user could render Excel printing format. We have logged a New Feature for this issue in database.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSRS-519 - Invoke Excel printing format using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services

For a moment, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Service has a feature that supports setting Excel printing from Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services configuration file i.e. via Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml. You may try the feature.

Please refer to the following configuration information and add page setup information into Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml.

<Aspose>
……
	<PageSetup>
		<report name="" FitToPagesTall="1" FitToPagesWide="2" BottomMargin="3.0" TopMargin="3.0" LeftMargin="3.0" RightMargin="3.0" HeaderMargin="4.0" FooterMargin="4.0"/>
	</PageSetup>
</Aspose>

@Etex

We have fixed the issues. Please download and try the fixed version .i.e.

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into the following folder:

{$SSRS 2008 R2}\ReportServer\bin.

If you still face any issue, please let us know, we will check it asap. If you have some other SQL Server like 2012 or 2014 etc., please tell us that too, we will provide you other version.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-519) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi