SSRS rendering fails to hide a tablix row based on a custom row visibility function

Hi,

We have a problem in rendering to DOCX with Aspose SSRS rendering. We have a tablix where there is a custom row visibility function, but when exporting to Aspose DOCX, the row is still visible while it should be hidden.

Exporting with the standard reporting services Word does give the expected result.

In attachment you will find the report.

Notice that the following line should be hidden:

‘Alle posten komen in aanmerking voor subsidiëring’.

Can a fix be provided?

Since june 2014 we have also been waiting for a fix for 2 other bugs:

Reporting Service render to docx table hidden rows whitespace

&

Reporting services render to aspose docx gives error 'Cannot find index'

Can an update be provided when a fix might be available for these threads?

thx

Brecht Vliege

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for your inquiry.

brecht.Vliege:

We have a problem in rendering to DOCX with Aspose SSRS rendering. We have a tablix where there is a custom row visibility function, but when exporting to Aspose DOCX, the row is still visible while it should be hidden. Exporting with the standard reporting services Word does give the expected result. In attachment you will find the report. Notice that the following line should be hidden: ‘Alle posten komen in aanmerking voor subsidiëring’.

I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at
my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our
issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-212. I have linked this forum thread
to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once
this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
brecht.Vliege:

I have requested the ETA of WORDSRPT-205 and WORDSRPT-182 from our development team. As soon as any information
is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you. We
apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Can you please provide information about when this bug will be resolved?

Several months have already been passed since this bug was registered.

Converting the rapport to docx is an automated action in our product and our customers still has to make custom changes to the word document the correct the bug.

Thanks

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that new versions of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services come out at the end of every quarter of the year.

I have verified the status of WORDSRPT-212 from our issue tracking system and like to share with you that this issue has been resolved. Its fix will be available in next version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services. Hopefully, the next version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services will be available at the end of June 2015. We will inform you once this release is published.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for your patience. I like to share with you that our product team has released the Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.5.0. Please download it from here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.words-for-reporting-services/entry629228.aspx

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSRPT-212) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Reporting Services release.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

Ok thanks for the update, we will test the functionality with the new release.

If the problems are fixed i will let you know.

Grtz

Hi,

After testing the problems seems to be fixed when using the ShrinkSpace configuration element.

However I’m curious as to why we even have to use this configuration element as this is standard behaviour of Reporting Services?

Also I did not find the configuration element in your documentation: Configure|Aspose.Words for Reporting Services
Is this a deprecated link or is the content not updated?

Thanks.

grtz

Hi Brecht,

Thanks for your inquiry.
brecht.Vliege:

However I'm curious as to why we even have to use this configuration element as this is standard behaviour of Reporting Services?

This new configuration element allows to control how to remove spacings between (and inside) report elements. There are several modes of shrinking space. Below is the description of the modes.

• None. Space shrinking will be disabled and never used. This is default setting.
  • Soft. In this mode space is shrinked around some elements with dynamic height (subreports or/and tables with dynamically hidden rows).
  • Hard. This is the most aggressive shrink spacing mode. Spacings are removed in all places where possible, using following settings:
    • Soft mode is applied
    • PageBreaksMode is set to DontBreakTables
    • IgnoreDesignedRowHeight (see below) is set to True
    • AllowAutoFit (see below) is set to True;
brecht.Vliege:

Also I did not find the configuration element in your documentation: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsreportingservices/Configure+Aspose.Words+for+Reporting+Services Is this a deprecated link or is the content not updated?

We have not updated the documentation about Shrink Space configuration. We will update the documentation asap.

Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.