StackOverflowException when opening PDF

We’re using Aspose.Pdf 10.7.0 and we’re having an issue with a couple of specific PDF files. When opening these files via the Document constructor we get a StackOverflowException and the process dies. I can reproduce the problem in a simple console application referencing Aspose.Pdf, with the Main method containing only the following line:

var document = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(“C:\Bad.pdf”);

I have attached one of the problematic PDF files. I hope you can help with a fix.

P.S. I also tried it with Aspose 16.10 and the exact same thing happens.

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-41586 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

It’s been almost five months. Do you have an update?

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for your patience. I have checked the status of the logged issue and I am sorry that it has not been resolved yet. There are other pending issues as well which were reported prior to this. I am sure that product team will soon plan a fix after reviewing other issues in the queue. Please be patient and spare us a little time. We will definitely keep you informed once we have some definite updates.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

It’s now been another seven months? Any chance of seeing a fix soon?

@Jonas_B_Rasmussen

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid that due to large number of pending issues in the queue, earlier logged issue has not been resolved yet. Please note that we have recorded your concerns and intimated the relevant team about them. As soon as we have some certain updates regarding the resolution progress, we will inform you. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

It’s now been two years since this was reported. Any chance of a fix, or maybe just a progress update?

@Jonas_B_Rasmussen

We are sorry for the inconvenience and delay caused.

Please note that due to low priority of the issue, it could not get resolved as in free support model the issues are resolved on first come first serve basis. We have been working over resolving previously logged issues as well as adding new enhancements and features to the API.

Please also note that we resolve each reported issue, however resolution time of the issue may depend upon the model of support under which it was logged and the priority of the issue. We will surely let you know in case we have some definite updates regarding issue resolution. We greatly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard. Please spare us little time.