Stalling to open an RTF documents

Hello,

I have one of my RTF files trying to parse its metadata. The file is less than 1MB and its taking very very long time (more than 12 hours in this call and not able to open the RTF.

fileObj = New Aspose.Words.Document(sFile)

Is there a way to put a timeout on this call?

Attached a sample file.

Thanks
Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word does. MS Word does not open the shared input RTF. Please import correct RTF into Aspose.Words DOM.

Thanks for the quick response. The expected behavior is to return null or throw an exception and not to stall forever on this command. Or at least if there is a timeout I can use to stop this from stalling forever.

Also about mimicking MS Word, it should mimic WordprocessingDocument object which actually can parse that RTF just fine.

We are paying for Aspose.Word because it outperform WordprocessingDocument not because it mimic MS Word.

Thanks,
Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-14622. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.
Hi Ahmed,
abahjat:
Also about mimicking MS Word, it should mimic WordprocessingDocument object which actually can parse that RTF just fine.
WordprocessingDocument.Open throws System.IO.FileFormatException ("File contains corrupted data.").

After the fix of this issue, you will get the exception for the shared RTF. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14622) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.1.0 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.1.0 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.