Start and end dates of recurrence pattern are one day off in PST

@Andrey_Potapov

OK, attached is a PST with 2 recurring events, generated by Outlook on the Windows machine.

backup_windows_2.pst.zip (23.3 KB)

@cdeangelis,
Thank you for the PST sample. Our development team has been investigating the issue.

@cdeangelis,
The backup_windows_2.pst file is not suitable, it contains weekly recurring events, but the original problem is with daily recurring events. To my regret, this file won’t help us. PST files created by Outlook for Windows open on macOS in a different way. At the moment, Aspose.Email cannot create PST files that open in both systems in exactly the same way. We are working on finding a universal model for the correct display in both systems. Please create а PST file with the daily recurring event (as in the original issue) by Outlook in user’s Windows machine that displays just like in macOS machine, and send us. It would help us.

@Andrey_Potapov
It does not really matter which recurrence type it is - as I said earlier, my only remaining problem is the times of the recurrences. When DST rules take effect, a recurrence pattern specified with UTC does not appear properly in the Outlook app on any OS type I’ve tried. The times are shifted forward 1 hour.

Now you are saying that Aspose.Email does not have a universal model to display correctly in both Windows and MacOS the same way, which is concerning. We will consider our options concerning this API based on our findings. Thank you for the help.

@cdeangelis,
We keep searching for a solution to this issue. Aspose.Email is being developed according to the specifications for Microsoft Outlook and PST format. PST files generated by Aspose.Email and Microsoft Outlook display the same on macOS. The problem primarily relates to Outlook that displays the PST file differently on Windows and macOS.