Status of WORDSNET-10016

What is the status of WORDSNET-10016, which addresses a failure to preserve formatting when converting from RTF to PDF?

Thanks.

Jim McFadden

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, this issue is not resolved yet. Our development team is currently doing analysis of this issue to determine the exact root cause of this problem. Once the analysis of this issue is completed, we will then be able to share more information. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

This bug has been open for several months now. I’m being asked by my business users when a resolution to the problem can be expected. Are there any available workarounds for WORDSNET-10016?

Thanks.

Jim McFadden / Unum

Hi Jim,

Thanks for being patient. We have asked the ETA of this issue from our development team and will update you as soon as any estimates are available for you. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Is there any sort of status I can offer my customers on this issue, which has been open now since last summer? I am regularly hammered because Aspose has never fixed this problem and I am unable to find a workaround.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for being patient. Unfortunately, we can’t provide you any reliable estimate at the moment and the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed till a later date. This is because of the nature of this bug. The source RTF code have a weird constructions inside - a lot of unnecessary {} blocks are found, which mess the work of Aspose.Words’ RTF import capabilities. Our development team needs to investigate the best possible way to fix this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS: If this issue is important to you, and for the fast resolution of this issue, please have a look at enhanced support options - e.g. purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of this issue directly with our development teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issue as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.

If you would like to take advantage of Enhanced Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum -https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6

Best regards,