Std::logic_error Causes Calling Application's Process to Crash

We’re using Aspose Slides in Debian with C#. We’re experiencing a crash that causes the calling application’s process to be shutdown without exceptions. Because of this we cannot add any error handling. Do you have any way you can handle this or workarounds when errors like describe below happens?

Here are details about our setup:
Docker image:
mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/runtime:6.0-bullseye-slim

NuGet package:

<PackageReference Include="Aspose.Slides.NET6.CrossPlatform" Version="24.3.0" />

When running the following code:

try
{
    var bmp = slide.GetThumbnail(new Size(2560, 1920));
}
catch (Exception e)
{
    // doesn't get caught
    Console.WriteLine(e);
}

…we get the following error, that causes the process to be terminated.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
what():  basic_string::_M_construct null not valid

It’d be appreciated if the Aspose Slides’ NuGet package allows us to handle errors like this.

@hostmasternepa,
Thank you for contacting support. I am working on the issue and will get back to you soon.

@hostmasternepa,
Unfortunately, I couldn’t reproduce the error you described. Could you kindly share the simplest project that reproduces the error?

We’ve put together a small repro, including a Docker image.

std logic error bug 2024-04-11.zip (56.7 KB)

When you run the Docker image, the process is terminated.

It would be great if:

1. When a crash occurs, end up in the catch block
  2. Fix the bug that causes the conversion to crash

Thank you in advance!

@hostmasternepa,
Thank you for the sample project, we greatly appreciate it. I reproduced the error you described.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44516

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Great!

Please, improve error handling. When the application process crashes it’s difficult for us to convey problems to users.

@hostmasternepa,
We are sorry that you had to encounter this problem. Our developers will do their best to solve it. Thank you for your patience.

Just checking in to hear if you have any progress updates?

@hostmasternepa,
The issue is still open. Unfortunately, I don’t have any additional information yet. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.