Still having line charts genned for Mac showing black line

A few months ago I reported a problem related to line charts showing black lines when they are opnened on a Mac. Actually the firswt line cahrt is OK just subsequent ones have black lines. You added a save option method called setForMac that specifies that the workbook is being created for a Mac. And your doc states that this is one of the reasons the option is there. I am still having problems. I have attached example code and one of the workbook generated using the code.

I am using the latest Aspose Cells for Java downloaded today.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us sample file and code, we need some more time to check the issue on Mac. I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an id: CELLSJAVA-22453. We will update you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

After further investigation, I am afraid we cannot resolve this issue at the moment. We have tested to create such kind of chart in MS Excel manually, if we change the palette, the saved Line color will be shown as black on Mac platform too. We do not know what’s the reason of such strange behavior on Mac. For your situation currently, two workarounds may be available:
1. Avoid to change the default color palette, or
2. Create those charts in worksheet instead of chart sheet.

both of these two ways can make the line’s color shown correctly on Mac platform. Hopefully this will resolve your issue.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Unfortunately I have to change the color palette because we are trying to duplicate the charts in Excel using the same attributes that our Java applicationa charting has created. Also we are using chart sheets to make it easier to organize the charts we create.

Do you know if the chart is created on a Mac has the same problem as on Windows?

Steve

Hi,

Well, I am afraid, to better cope with your issue, I think you should do what we suggested in previous reply.

Anyways, we will further look into it if we can have some other options or way around.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have tried and tested many solutions for this issue but still have no luck. Anyways, would you please create such an xls file in Mac’s Excel (change the palette and set the Line’s color as what you have done by code) and send it to us? Maybe it can help us for tracing the issue.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I have attached a zip file containing:

1. Workbook created using our software and displays black lines on Mac Excel.
(TwoLineCharts.xls)
2. Workbook created manually on Windows Excel 2003.
(FromMSWin\ChangeColorPalleteToo.xls)
3. Workbook created manually on Mac Excel 2008.
(From mac\ChgdPaletteColors.xls)
4. Text file that has data copied from TwoLineCharts.xls.
(Data.txt)
5. Word doc showing palettes from xls files.
(Palette Compare.doc)

The workbook created manually on the Mac Excel looks great when opened in the MS Windows version of Excel.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for providing us the sample files.

We will soon look into your issue and get back to you.

Thank you.