Strange character after style name

Hi,

I have the following java code:

myBldr.getParagraphFormat().setStyleIdentifier(StyleIdentifier.HEADING_2);
myBldr.getParagraphFormat().getShading().setBackgroundPatternColor(Color.GREEN);

I’ve attached a screenshot of the generated document (note the Arabic character in the dropdown).

TIA,
Bandu.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? I will check the problem on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

There is no input document. Just an output. I’m trying to create a document using Aspose.

Please find attached herewith my output document and the code used to generate it.

I’m using Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar

Thanks,
Bandu.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. I use latest version Aspose.Words for Java and MS Word 2003 and 2007 for testing. Which version of MS Word you are using?
Best regards,

Hi,

Is mine not the latest one? I’m using Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar

My MS Word version is MS Word 2003 (11.8227.8221) SP3 running on Windows 7 Home Professional.

Regards,
Bandu.

Update: Checked the same generated doc file on Word 2003 (11.8227.8221) SP3 running on Windows XP Professional, but there it looks fine. So, I guess it’s Windows 7 or some such thing (like some font installation problem on Windows 7) that might be causing this problem. So, for now, this isn’t a priority issue for me anymore.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I have tried with Office 2007 in Windows 7 and all works fine.
Best regards,