Strange character conversion / decoding with MapiMessage.FromFile

Hi,
I've created a MapiMessage with the following command:

MapiMessage msg = MapiMessage.FromFile(FileName);
After that I can read the Subject and the SenderName field but both fields contain wrong characters.

E.g. the subject field looks like this:
Accus\u195 ?\u169 ? de r\u195 ?\u169 ?ception - N\u194 ?\u176 ? 123 - 456

When I open the same Email in Outlook it shows also strange characters but they are at least decoded.

Is there a way to get a "nicer" result?

Regards

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

Could you please post the sample MSG file here so that we could reproduce and fix the issue at our end? You may either post the message here or zip/email me using “contact” --> “send saqib.razzaq an email” button on this post.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample document. I was able to reproduce the issue at my end. I also filed a bug (ID: 27821) for this. We will look into it and will inform you here once it gets resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Could you please tell how you created this message and do you receive/handle such messages frequently? The subject string is actually encoded using 7-bit RTF encoding that’s why some strange characters appear in Outlook and MapiMessage.Subject.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 27821 ) have been fixed in [this update ](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry313463.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.