We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Strange while points appear in pdf converted by a .docx with Aspose rendered emf

Hi,

When I save a Word document (the document contains emf image generated by Aspose.Cells), I noticed there are strange white dots in the pdf text.

Code for generating the emf:

var newWorkbook = new Workbook(dir + @"test.xlsx");
        var options = new ImageOrPrintOptions
        {
            ImageFormat = ImageFormat.Emf,
            OnlyArea = false,
            TextRenderingHint = TextRenderingHint.ClearTypeGridFit,
            OnePagePerSheet = true,
            Transparent = true
        };

var sheet = newWorkbook.Worksheets[0];
        sheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "A1:E4";
        sheet.PageSetup.LeftMargin =
        sheet.PageSetup.RightMargin = sheet.PageSetup.TopMargin
        = sheet.PageSetup.BottomMargin = sheet.PageSetup.HeaderMargin
        = sheet.PageSetup.FooterMargin = 0;
        SheetRender render = new SheetRender(sheet, options);
        render.ToImage(0, dir + @"out.emf");

After the emf is generated, I copied the emf into Word, and then saved the Word document as pdf file using ‘Save As’ in Word, and the issue happened.

I’ve attached the test files (original xlsx, output emf, Word with the emf and final PDF) as well as a screenshot for your reference.

Could you please take a look into this?

Thanks
test.zip (186.9 KB)
screenshot.png (62.3 KB)

@ServerSide527,

Thanks for the sample code, template file and output file(s).

I could not find the issue as you have mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I am using v18.2.6 (latest version/fix) to generate the EMF file. I have attached the output EMF by Aspose.Cells APIs and a PDF document (I opened a new document into MS Word 2010 and copy/paste the EMF file into it) saved by MS Word. I do not find those white dots appeared on the text/words. One thing I spotted in the output PDF document is although Calibri font is used but with different glyph or style.
files1.zip (103.9 KB)

@ServerSide527

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to observe this issue with “DFKai-SB” font installed. But it seems that this issue only happens when the font is “DFKai-SB” font. If we change the font to other font like “SimHei”, the issue does not happen.

• CELLSNET-45969 - Strange white dots appear when Pdf is created from output Emf images

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan

Hi,

Thanks for your update.

I have tested on the same worksheet, inserted the rendered image to Word, then save as pdf, the issue still happened. The issue doesn’t seem to be fixed.

I’ve attached the test files and new screenshot for your reference. Could you please help me check the fix?

Doc12.zip (332.9 KB)
image.png (8.4 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

I can observe the issue using latest version Aspose.Cells for .NET 19.3.4. This issue is still not resolved and also no ETA is available yet. I will write back here as soon as any update is available in this regard.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.