We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Styles seem to be carried over wrongly

Hi Guys,

Could you please advise why the style of cells in CLIENT REF column (the ones with hyperlink) is different when SpreadsheetML opened with Excel and when created via Aspose.Cells?

SpreadsheetML attached.
Task.zip (2.6 KB)

Thanks,
Lukasz

@acturisaspose,

Thanks for the template file and some details.

Well, I am not entirely certain about your issue. I can only notice one issue, i.e., the hyperlinked text in the “CLIENT REF” column cells is placed upward a bit in the output XLSX file although the difference is subtle when comparing with original SpreadsheetML. Do you find some other issue regarding styles/formattings, kindly do elaborate with some screenshots and details. We will log appropriate ticket(s) for your issue(s) accordingly. I used the following sample code to convert your template file to XLSX file format:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\Task.xml");
workbook.Save("e:\\test2\\out1.xlsx", SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Thank you. Please see the attached files showing different styles.

createdWithAspose.png (4.5 KB)
openedWithExcel.png (7.1 KB)

@acturisaspose,

Thanks for the screenshots.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template spreadsheetML file to XLSX file format via Aspose.Cells APIs. I found styles are carried over wrongly for some cells in SpreadsheetML to XLSX conversion, the cells in “CLIENT REF” column are rendered with different font (it should be “Arial 10” but it is “Segoe UI 10”):
e.g
Sample code:

    Workbook workbook = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\Task.xml"); 
    workbook.Save("e:\\test2\\out1.xlsx", SaveFormat.Xlsx); 

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45690” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Lukasz

@acturisaspose,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-45690” now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

@acturisaspose,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.9.5.

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45690) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.10.