'Stylesheet is empty' error

I get the following error when trying to instantiate an Aspose.Words.document object ...

Stylesheet is empty. For free technical support, please post this error and the file in the Aspose.Words Forums http://www.aspose.com/forums/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=75.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Aspose.Words.PleaseReportException: Stylesheet is empty. For free technical support, please post this error and the file in the Aspose.Words Forums http://www.aspose.com/forums/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=75.

Source Error:

Line 6672:            license.SetLicense("Aspose.words.lic")
Line 6673:
Line 6674:            Dim doc As New aspose.words.Document(filename)
Line 6675:            File.Delete(filename)
Line 6676:            Return doc

The file U.doc was actually created by a "WordPerfect to Word" component called FileMerlin and that is the root problem but I was hoping that there might be some advice/path/hotfix that ASPOSE might be able to provide to deal with this situation.

The one thing I noticed was that if I open this problem document in Word and save it, then it corrects the problem. That is all fine and good but I am really trying to avoid having to script Word (that is the point of having ASPOSE).

FYI, I am running on 3.7.1.0 (which I believe is the lastest hotfix). I also tried it with the 4.0 beta but it did not change anything.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Thanks for reporting this problem to us. I have logged it to our defect base as issue #1246. We will try to fix it in our next release which will be published in a few weeks.

Best regards,

will that most likely be a hot fix for 3.7.1 or will it be in the beta 4 release?

thanks

It will be fixed in 4.0 release. There will be no more updates or fixes for version 3.

Best regards,

Any target dates for when the 4.0 fix will come out? And how likely is it that this Stylesheet is empty problem will be resolved in that fix?

thanks

Version 4.0 will be released in two weeks. Your problem will be most probably fixed in this release.

Best regards,

This will be fixed in 4.0 final which is expected within 2 weeks.

Any news on when the ASPOSE.WORDS 4 hotfix for this problem is coming out?

I hate to nag but this stylesheet error is starting to bump up against my project deadline.

Any news on when the ASPOSE.WORDS 4 hotfix for this problem is coming out?

Sorry for the delay. It is really coming. New deadline is Monday, Oct 23rd.

I think I should not delay you any longer (while we polishing documentation etc before the release).

Attached is a build for you that addresses the empty stylesheet problem. Your document was created by some strange DOC writer, it has few other integrity problems that Aspose.Words now handles too.

Fixed in Aspose.Words 4.0.