Suggestions about opening PPT/POT

Hi,

Worked with Aspose.Slides 14.2.0.0 and noticed few places that I did not liked:
  1. <span style=“font-size:11.0pt;line-height:115%;
    font-family:“Calibri”,“sans-serif”;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:
    Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;
    mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>When
    you try to open regular or password protected (with valid password specified) DOCM,
    DOCX, DOTM, DOTX, XLSB, XLSM, XLSX, SLTM, XLTX by Aspose.Slides.Presentation the exception is thrown with the
    following message: “Not a Microsoft
    PowerPoint 2007 presentation”. It is not possible to get meaningful exception class
    name, because it is obfuscated.
    It is better to throw PptxUnsupportedFormatException
    here
    ?
  2. <span style=“font-size:11.0pt;line-height:115%;
    font-family:“Calibri”,“sans-serif”;mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:
    mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>When
    you try to open password protected POT/PPT files and do NOT specify password,
    then PptxUnsupportedFormatException is
    thrown with message “Encrypted presentations are not supported”. Would it be
    better to throw InvalidPasswordException
    here?
  3. <span style=“font-size:11.0pt;line-height:115%;
    you try to open password protected POT/PPT files and do specify valid password,
    PptxUnsupportedFormatException is
    thrown with message “Unknown file format”. So with this Aspose.Slides build we do
    not have
    ability to open password protected POT/PPT files.
The 3rd item is a bug.

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex Shloma,

I have worked over the scenarios shared by you and have been able to observe all of them on my end. I agree with your suggestions and pointed issues.

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35318 has been created to provide support for InvalidPasswordException message when loading a password protected PPT without password.

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35319
has been created to provide Support for PptxUnsupportedFormatException message when loading DOCM, DOCX, DOTM, DOTX, XLSB, XLSM, XLSX, SLTM, XLTX.

An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35320
has been created to provide resolved PptxUnsupportedFormat Exception issue on loading password protect PPT presentation with valid password.

This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35320) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Is there any progress on SLIDESNET-35318.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex Shloma,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue is still unresolved. However, I have discussed the issue status with our product team and have requested them to schedule and investigate the issue. I will be able to share the further feedback with you in this regard as soon as further information will be shared by our product team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35319;SLIDESNET-35318) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
SLIDESNET-35318
Does not work for password-protected PPS files. PptReadException is thrown if no password specified.

SLIDESNET-35319
PptReadException is still thrown opening
  • password-protected DOCX (for example) if valid password specified.
  • regular (not password protected) DOCX if password is not specified.
See project attached.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex Shloma,

Thank you for sharing the feedback. I have worked with the sample project shared by you and have observed the behavior. I have discussed the issue with our product team and we are looking in to this issue again. We will share the information about carried implementation with you for the said issues as soon as it will be shared by our product team. At present we have re-opened and merged both tickets.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35319;SLIDESNET-35318) have been fixed in this update.

Checked issues 35319, 35318.

Build works as expected.

Many thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex Shloma,

Thank you very much for sharing the feedback with us. Please share, I may help you any further in this regard.

Many Thanks,