Summary - Various Issues

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The following is a list of issues I am currently having with the latest release of Aspose Total. I’ve included the post # from the forum and also tracking numbers if available.

1) Delete, Replace Image (Post: 214827) (Tracking #: PDFKITNET-13067)
-The most ideal solution for our situation

2) Performance issues with ExtractImages() (Post: 212235) (Tracking #: PDFKITNET-12979)
- The new version of PDF Kit is taking about 10 times longer to extract images than it did in the older version. It now supports 2 color images, which is a requirement for our customer, but the timing to extract the images from each page is too long for our needs.

3) Z-Order Image overlay
- I did not report this issue as of yet, but I was hoping that #1 would solve our problem. We When a PDF document is scanned for a barcode I would then place another image over the barcode so it was no longer visible. When I added the image to cover the barcode the barcode image stayed on top of the image that was supposed to cover it. Is there a way to specify the Z-Order of the image via the PDFfileMend?

4) Ratio of image scan vs. page size (Post: 214548)
- when getting the page size I am receiving getting the following values: Height = 792, Width = 612. When I scan a barcode I get the values:
(0): {X = 25 Y = 16}
(1): {X = 31 Y = 2025}
(2): {X = 210 Y = 2025}
(3): {X = 211 Y = 16}

I used to be able to use the values from the barcode to add a blank image over the barcode (related to #3 above), but now the values are considerably different so the image consumes 1/3 of the page width and well over 2 pages for the height. What do I need to do here to determine ratio of the image scan and page size?

5) BarCodeReadType not Serializable (Post: 214718)
- Most of my barcode scanning and PDF page manipulation is occurring in a new app domain. In the previous version of AsposeTotal I was able to pass the BarCodeReadType value across the app domain, but now this value is no longer serializable. Is there a reason this object cannot be serializable?

Currently we cannot release our software package due many of these outstanding issues. Our immediate need is to either have issue #1 resolved or Issue #3 and #4. If you could provide me with assistance with resolving these issues for the short term then we will be able to release our software package. We are behind schedule now so your assistance will be appreciated.

Regards,

Don Tompkins

Databound Solutions

(607) 257-5433 ext. 156

www.databound.com

Hi Don,

The issues mentioned in points 1 and 2 have been recently logged in our issue tracking system. Our team is working on these issues and you’ll be updated once these issues are resolved. As far as point # 3 is concerned, I tried to add a new image over an existing image in the sample file provided by you (123test.pdf) and the new image covered the existing image.

If you’re referring to some other PDF file then please share that file as well, so we could test the issue with that. We’ll look into the issue at our end and update you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Don,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will reply here to Aspose.BarCode related issues.

4) I have posted a reply in the relevant thread with a possible alternate solution. Please follow up at <a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/28473 if it can solve your problem.

5) Our developers are looking into it.

Thank you for your quick reply to our issues. Your ongoing attention is greatly appreciated.

Do you have a timeframe as to when the DeleteImage and ReplaceImage methods would be resolved and/or looked at? We need to have some type of timeline so we can determine our next step for releasing our product. I don't want to spend several hours reverting back to an older version of the Aspose component if you may have this resolved in the next day or two.

Again thank you for looking into these issues for me.

Regards,

Don Tompkins

Hi Don,

Please spare us some time so we would be able to investigate the issue at our end. We’ll update you with the ETA for this issue as our team gets some idea.

If you have any other questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hi Don,

According to our initial investigation, we’re very much hopeful to provide you the fix for this issue (PDFKITNET-13067) in our next monthly release, due at the end of January 2010. We’ll update you via this forum thread once the issue is resolved.

If you find any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Hello,

Is there an estimated time as to when these issues (PDFKITNET-12979; PDFKITNET-13067) will be addressed?

Thank you,

Don Tompkins

Hi Don,

I would like to inform you that both of these issues will be resolved in our upcoming monthly release, due at the end of February.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12979;13067) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.