Support Arabic Indic & Persian Number List Style during HTML or Word to PDF Conversion using C# .NET | Latin Numbers

Hi,
I have a word template which contains my tags. I would like to assign tag value to selected tag. I have content which contains ordered list html tags and i want to convert it to pdf file with arabic numbers.
I assigned “list-style: arabic-indic” as a stylesheet but nothing changed.

I got latin numbers when i convert from word template to pdf .

https://jsfiddle.net/dwoac5jt/ with this url you can figure out what i really want

And also you can download my example from this url https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wSmPZ4f6c71oNRx9JqiE-ztKXqShg3UE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks and have a nice forums.

@zelihaserbez,

Aspose.Words tries to mimic the behavior of MS Word. It is not always guaranteed that when you convert HTML to PDF, the Aspose.Words and MS Word generated output PDF files will look exactly the same as web browsers show the input HTML. This is because of file format differences between PDF and HTML (and some other limitations). However, please see the input HTML and output PDF files and try running the following code:

C# Code:

Document doc = new Document("E:\\Temp\\HTMLPage1.html");
PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.NumeralFormat = NumeralFormat.ArabicIndic;
doc.Save("E:\\Temp\\20.7-ArabicIndic.pdf", opts);

I am afraid, I do not have permissions to access the files from the Google Drive link that you shared above. You can ZIP the resources and attach the ZIP file here for our reference.

Hi again,
I used your comment line opts.NumeralFormat = NumeralFormat.ArabicIndic; in my latest example and nothing changed.
Is there someting that i overlook? I am waiting for your observation and feedback.

Thanks and have a nice day!

FYI, i deleted aspose dlls to fit in zip file. They were latest versions.

Example.zip (1.2 MB)

@zelihaserbez,

Please also ZIP and attach the output “IM-ARpdf.pdf” file and the following Font files here for further testing on our end:

• DecoType Naskh
  • Sultan normal
  • IDAutomationHC39M

Hi,
You can find IM-ARpdf.pdf and font files that you specified in your comment in the attached zip folder.
Thanks and have a nice day.

Fonts-Result.zip (139.8 KB)

@zelihaserbez,

For the sake of any correction, we have logged the following issue in our bug tracking system.

WORDSNET-20772: List Labels not showing in Arabic Language when converting to PDF

We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@zelihaserbez,

Regarding WORDSNET-20772, it is to update you that we have completed the analysis of this issue and concluded to close this issue with “Not a Bug” status. Please see the following analysis details:

List items in HTML have ‘arabic-indic’ list-style, and MS WORD doesn’t support this numbering. Please note that “arabic-indic” or “persian” list styles are not supported by MS Word and, as a result, there is no such thing as “arabic-indic” or “persian” NumberStyle in the Aspose.Words’ document model either. So, because of this limitation of the Aspose.Words’s document model we are going to close this issue.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
Have a nice day.