Support for Acrobat Reader 5 and 6

I’m having trouble running some of the demos off your site using Acrobat Reader 5 and 6 and hence also with our own application.

I have Acrobat 5.0 configured to open in the browser. With this setting, the Alphabetical List of Products demo works but the Customer Labels displays a blank page. If I change the configuration for Acrobat to not open in browser ie open Acrobat then the demo works. Looking at the response headers, both demos send the same HTTP response headers so there must be something else confusing Acrobat. Acrobat 6.2 is similar except all the demos produce a blank page. Acrobat 7 works fine.

A lot of customers have Acrobat 5 or 6 and we are about to release. I’m sure this used to work in previous versions of Aspose pdf. I would really like to get Acrobat 5 and 6 to open in the browser window, it is going to save us a lot of support calls.

I tested the demos with Acrobat reader 5 and 6 and it all works well on my machine. I think that might be caused by some setting of Adobe reader. Can you please try it on another machine?

I re-installed Acrobat 6.0.1 on a machine and that worked fine. I still have a few issues with Acrobat 5 but I assume this is because I have an early version of it so I don't see it as a problem.

Thanks for the help.