Support for controls in Aspose.Cells for Java

Greetings,
My company is interested in using Aspose.Cells for Java for our new product line, and in doing some research regarding the functionality of your product, I ran across a couple of items that may of concern to us that I am hoping you can clarify.

It appears as though your .NET version includes all capabilities, whereas the Java version contains merely a subset of the functionality of the .NET version. My concern at this time is with the support for drawing objects. Could you please verify if the following is correct, and if so, when such features will be available in the Java version.

Not Supported:
Conversion of chart to image
Check box
Radio button
Combo box
Label
Button
Spinner
Scroll bar
Group Box

Supported:
Text Box
Comments
Basic Shapes

Thank you very much for your time.

-Chad

For Check box, Radio button and other drawing objects, we can preserve them in the files but cannot manipulate on them. Hopefully we will totally support them in about 2-3 months.

For chart2image feature, we are working on it. Hopefully it will be available in Q1 2009.

Laurence,
Thank you for your prompt reply. A couple of follow up questions.

"For Check box, Radio button and other drawing objects, we can preserve them in the files but cannot manipulate on them."

Our product does not require us to create a workbook or manipulate existing drawing objects, we merely need to be able to read these objects if they exist in an Excel spreadsheet. Is that currently supported, or are they just preserved behind the scenes?

"Hopefully we will totally support them in about 2-3 months."

I take it these changes are not a priority for the next release? I am started to grow concerned over the fact that the Java version does not support some of the major functionality that the .NET version supports, and since Java is going to be our path forward we need to be using an Excel reader that has full functionality, otherwise our product will suffer in the both the short and long term. So if you could maybe clarify your statement as to when these features will definitely be available it would be greatly appreciated. I would hate to put all of my eggs in one basket just to find out that once the next version is released that these updates did not make it in and my companies product is essentially sunk as a result.

Thank you again for you help.

-Chad

Hi Chad,

For Checkbox, Radio button and other drawing objects, currently we just keep them as common Shape object when read them in from template file, can't identify them as the exact type such as Check box, Radio button, and so on.

For the timeframe of supporting this feature, we make this feature having the priority, we will try to support it in our next release which we will provided at the end of this month. If there is any difficulty, we will provide you a fix after that as soon as possible, thank you for being patient.

Thank you very much for the response. I’m looking forward to the next release.

-Chad

Hi Chad,

Please try the attached version (2.0.0.2), we have supported all your desired controls in the Java version too.

Thanks for your patience.