Support for custom animations

Hello

We have built an application that takes slides from existing powerpoint presentations and combines them into new presentations using the cloneslide method. We’ve been using this application for a little over a year but the issue of custom animations created in PowerPoint 2003 has only just arisen. I’ve searched the forum and found that you don’t support animations such as exits, fades and motion paths and have no plans to do so.

I am no expert in PowerPoint but this is a major issue for my client and I’m not sure what to tell them.

Can you offer any advice - moving to 2007 for example?

Regards

Martyn Evans

Hello Martyn,

Animations will be supported for pptx format but this feature in our long-term plans.

Thanks Alexey

I’m not quite sure what you mean. Are these animations currently supported in pptx format?

Regards

Martyn

Currently they are not supported of course.

Hi Alexey

So I have nothing to tell my client? Can you give me any date for when these features will be supported?

I’ve used Apose tools in the past (PDF, Chart) and always recommended them but this is very disappointing.

Regards

Martyn

Sorry but currently it’s not possible to give any estimations for animations feature.
Support for Pptx format is in development now and there are hundreds of features
which should be implemented before animations.