Support for Dirty attribute on fields

Hi,
I did not find a documentation wheather or not you support the “w:dirty” attribute on fields. Can you let me know if you are updating fields if the dirty flag is set?
I am referring to the dirty flag described in §17.16.18 and §17.16.19 of OpenXML standard ISO 29500-1:2012.
[Edit] Additional question: Do you support the “w:fldLock” attribute as well?
Also see https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/pfedev/2010/08/08/openxml-how-to-refresh-a-field-when-the-document-is-opened/ for the attribute details.
Best regards

@ecms,
Thanks for your inquiry.
ecms:

I did not find a documentation wheather or not you support the “w:dirty” attribute on fields

Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, we have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-15686 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.
ecms:

Additional question: Do you support the “w:fldLock” attribute as well?

Please use Field.IsLocked property to get or set whether the field is locked (should not recalculate its result).

Hi Tahir,
thanks for logging support for the w:dirty attribute. Just to be clear, I’d like to see the feature to automatically recalculate the field on open. However, the dirty attribute should not be a property in the object model because it should be updated on open and therefore should be false all the time.
Regarding the w:fldLock attribute: Does the lock prevent automatic updating by aspose? This is the functionality requried for supporting it (which is more than just exposing it as a property). I just ask again to prevent any misunderstandings.
Thanks

@ecms,
Thanks for sharing the detail about w:dirty attribute. We have logged it in our issue tracking system. Regarding field lock query, yes the field result is not recalculated when it is locked.
Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir
do you have any timeframe when you are going to implement updating fields that are marked “dirty”? This is a rather important use case for us, but in our scenario we are not able to do this programmatically ourselves.
Thanks

@ecms,
Thanks for your inquiry. The issue WORDSNET-15686 has been fixed and it fix will be available in next version of Aspose.Words 17.9. Hopefully, the new version of Aspose.Words will be available at the start of next month (September 2017). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as it is published.
Please let us know if you have any more queries.

These are great news. Thanks for sharing.

@ecms,
The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15686) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.9 update.