Support for HTML tags within tables (or just text)

I wonder if your product enables the following. I posted this originally on another forum so it might look a little. One of the replies I got back was to check your products. I am have just started lookin at SSRS.

I will have a couple of reports as candidates for SSRS where the text in a single table cell needs to have its contents formatted according various processing outcomes.

The following is something that I use in Infragistics UltraWinGrid and it works quite well. There are a number of alternate renderings, that following is one possibility.

return "" +
FirstValue + "
" +
"/" +
"" +
SecondValue + "
";

This sort of thing is peculiar to only a small number of reports but it was a feature that was specifically asked for. Rather than use HTML one could use RTF but thats not very friendly to work with. I understand that RTF is not an option in SSRS 2005 but is in SSRS 2008. I would much rather use a small subset of HTML tags than RTF anyday.

I also colour the background of the cells as well. As far as I can tell, the users are very happy with what they see. This is just an aid to their analysis of the output. Its not essential but it does simplify looking for various patterns that mean different things to them. Without the colouration it takes them longer to check the output, and that hits productivity.

Is this possible one way or another. I had a look at some other entries but their requirements for HTML looked more complex.

I have done more investigation and what I have requested appears to be supported within your product. It looks promising. I will will in due course download an eval copy to prove that.

Hope I have not wasted anyones time if some has followed this up already.