Support for IF in Formulas

Good day,

Would it be possible to add support for the IF statement in formulas? We make heavy use of this to avoid getting the #DIV by 0 error in our spreadhseets.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric,

If function is already supported in Aspose.Excel. Please elaborate your problem. What’s the exact formula are you using?

Here is the file I am attempting to do a calculate on. I am getting an object not set error with the following code:

Dim OutputExcel As New Excel

Try

OutputExcel.Open("c:\MarketingReports\PROD\GL PDF Test.xls")

OutputExcel.CalculateFormula()

OutputExcel.Save("c:\MarketingReports\test.xml", FileFormatType.AsposePdf

'Read the file in Aspose.Pdf.Xml format into Aspose.Pdf.

Dim license As Aspose.Pdf.License = New Aspose.Pdf.License

license.SetLicense("Aspose.Custom.lic.xml")

Dim pdf1 As Aspose.Pdf.Pdf = New Aspose.Pdf.Pdf

pdf1.BindXML("c:\MarketingReports\test.xml", Nothing)

'Produce the PDF file.

pdf1.Save("c:\MarketingReports\PROD\GL PDF Test.xls")

Catch ex As Exception

MsgBox(ex.Message)

End Try

Thanks,

Hi Eric,

Please download and try v3.3.3. It’s fixed.

Hi Lawrence,

Patch worked on the file, but I get hte same error on other files. I am attaching all of the files on which I get an error:

Thanks for you help

A new fix for this problem will be available within a few days. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Lawrence,

Was wondering if you had an ETA for this fix, or if it has already been implemented.

Thanks,

Eric P.

Hi Eric,

Sorry this problem is still not totally solved. There are some odd problems. I think I can make it before the end of next week.

Hi Eric,

Please try this attached fix to see if it solves your problems.

@EricP,

Aspose.Cells has its own formula calculation engine that supports all the important formulas/functions which MS Excel (2007 - 2016/2019) supports, see the document for your reference:
Supported Formula/Functions
Moreover, if any formula/function (from the list) is not supported, we always welcome our users’ requirements and they can ask us to support their demanded formulas/functions, we will try to support their desired formulas soon.

Aspose.Cells is valuable for spreadsheet management tasks at every level. Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards and specifications and supports almost all the features which MS Excel has.
See the Aspose.Cells Docs for your reference:
Aspose.Cells Docs

See the Examples/demos for your further reference:
GitHub