Support for Nested Tables

Hi

I’m trying to nest tables in my word template, but get this error message:
"Found mail merge region ‘Items’ nested in another mail merge region ‘Items’. Nested mail merge regions are not yet supported."

Will there be support for nested regions/tables/fields anytime in the near future? I could probably get around the issue for now in my code, but the ideal situation would be to do the nesting in my mail merge template.

Do you have any other suggestions? I’m basically just trying to simulate Crystal’s grouping functionality.

Thanks

Regards

Angela

Hi Angela,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We plan to add support for nested merge regions in the future but I doubt that it will happen anytime soon although we realize it’s a highly requested feature. Meanwhile, you can use some workaround, for example shown by the Product Catalog demo: perform merge on a template and then append the generated document to the complete report. You can attach your template here and provide a brief description of what you want to achieve, probably we could give you more concrete hints.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 39) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(29)