Support for opening password protected Word 2013 documents

I’ve seen in other forum posts (like this one: Does Aspose support Office 2013 documents?) that loading a password protected document created by Word 2013 is not yet supported by Aspose. Is there any information as to when this will be supported?

More and more of our clients are moving to Office 2013, and as many of our clients also password protect their documents, and due to the nature of our product they must have the password applied while we are processing them, this is becoming more and more of a problem for us. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have linked this forum thread to following features. You will be notified via this forum thread once these features are available. The WORDSNET-7964 has been resolved and will be available in January 2014 release.

WORDSNET-7964 : Load Office 2013 encrypted document into Aspose.Words DOM (Resolved)
WORDSNET-7741 : Load and save ISO/IEC 29500 Strict / Word 2013 OOXML (In Analysis)

Regarding WORDSNET-7741, I have requested the development team to share the ETA. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Michael,

mwhalen:

I’ve
seen in other forum posts (like this one:
Does Aspose support Office 2013 documents?)
that loading a password protected document created by Word 2013 is not
yet supported by Aspose. Is there any information as to when this will
be supported?

Further to my last post, Aspose.Words
supports all major OOXML versions for example OOXML ECMA-376 and OOXML
ISO/IEC DIS 29500. OOXML WordprocessingML documents most often come as
DOCX files, which are ZIP packages and Aspose.Words does support DOCX
format. However, Aspose.Words does not support ISO/IEC 29500 Strict OOXML version.

Aspose.Words supports MS Office 2013 documents. Please try the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 13.12.0 and let us know if you face any issue.

Thanks for the update. I have tried the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET, and while it handles most Word 2013 documents perfectly fine, it still won’t open them if they have an open password, so it won’t quite work for us. I’ll try out the next update when it’s available and hopefully that’ll be all we need.

Thanks again,
Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Yes, WORDSNET-7964 has been resolved. This feature will be available in next version of Aspose.Words. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as January 2014 release is published.

As your query is related to password protected documents created by MS Word 2013, I am clearing
WORDSNET-7741 feature from this thread. WORDSNET-7741 is related to Strict MS Word 2013 documents.

Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Hi,

I have the same issue and very interested in the soonest release. Do you have approximate time when new Aspose.Word will be released?

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. The next version of Aspose.Words 14.1.0 supports loading of Office 2013 encrypted documents into its DOM. The next release of Aspose.Words is due out within next couple of days. We will inform you via this thread as soon as the new release of Aspose.Words is published.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7964) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(11)

Thanks for the update, but the fix doesn’t appear to work for me - do I need to do something additional to open the document? I’ve attached a simple Word document that was saved using Word 2013 with the open password “pass”. When I try the following code:

Dim Doc as New Aspose.Words.Document(FileName, New Aspose.Words.LoadOptions(“pass”))

an Aspose.Words.FileCorruptedException is thrown with the message “The document integrity is failed.” and the stack trace:

at Aspose.Words.Document.x5d4db34d48fb3129(Stream xcf18e5243f8d5fd3, LoadOptions x27aceb70372bde46)

at Aspose.Words.Document.x5d95f5f98c940295(Stream xcf18e5243f8d5fd3, LoadOptions x27aceb70372bde46)

at Aspose.Words.Document…ctor(String fileName, LoadOptions loadOptions)

at Test1.MainForm.TestButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in [our code]

It does appear to detect the password properly - if I give it a different password, the exception thrown is Aspose.Words.IncorrectPasswordException, so it’s figuring out that part. It just doesn’t appear to be able to read the document after it gets it open - am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-9654. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9654) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Excellent. Many thanks - this will make our clients very happy.