Support for OpenType Fonts in Aspose.Slides (C# .NET)

Were now in the second half of 2012. Any updates on the release of this update?

Hi Corry,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. I regret to share that the mentioned True Type fonts support in Aspose.Slides for .NET has been delayed owing to already active plans by our development. Actually, we are in phase of developing an auto porting activity for exporting all of Aspose.Slides for .NET features to Aspose.Slides for Java. This activity has been ongoing since last 6 months and is still in continuation. Owing to this activity the priority or enterprise support are also on halt for the time being. Actually, Aspose.Font library has not yet been integrated in Aspose.Slides and that is cause of the issue. We have planed to integrate Aspose.Font library into Aspose.Slides near the end of Q4’2012. I am hopeful, if all goes well we will be able to share some good news by the time period mentioned.

I will really appreciate your patience till the requested time span.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi All,
It is nearing the end of the year and I was wondering was the status of the fix is.

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides. I regret to share that due to some internal dependencies the issue is not yet resolved. We need to carry out some major modification for the mentioned requirement. This issue is likely to be resolved by end of Q1 of 2013. I will really appreciate your patience for this in terms of waiting a little further.

Many Thanks,

Its about the end of Q1 2013, any updates on when this will be resolved?

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the support for Open Type fonts has been postponed because of delay in implementing PPT-to-PPTX cross conversion and unification of Aspose.Slides API for PPT and PPTX presentations. The road map for implementing the Open Type fonts by integrating Aspose.Font library into Aspose.Slides has been shifted to Q3/2013. Actually, the unification of Aspose.Slides API is one of crucial challenge in Aspose.Slides at the moment. We will share the good news with you once the support will be available.

We are greatly sorry for your inconvenience,

It is nearing the end of the year. Any updates on when this project will ever be finished? I feel we have been extremely patience.

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the support for OTF is still pending in Aspose.Slides owing to on going implementation of DrawingMLRender library integration. The said API is now scheduled for Q1 of 2014. We are sorry for your inconvenience but we are working in this area and will share the feedback with you as soon as the issue will be resolved.

Many Thanks,
Hi there - is there an update on support of open type fonts? thanks so much!

Kuhoo

Hi Kuhoo,

I have discussed the OpenType font support issue with our product team. We have tentatively planned this support during Q4 of 2016. We will share the good news with you as soon as the support will be available.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-33764) have been fixed in this update.